Harmony

This was the day, I was draped in silk and more expensive material that only my sister could wear. My top and bottom was pure white with violets sewn on them and everything was held up with a silver and a pale blue ribbon.

I crossed my fingers and hoped that I wouldn't be picked through the trial. I looked around and saw beautiful woman everywhere in bright, flamboyant, expensive, and colorful silk and satin dresses everywhere.

"Kyaa!" I saw woman in a luxurious fuchsia dress yelped. Then I saw a meek and shy girl in a rich purple dress with a familiar face and it looked like she spilled some tea on the girl with the luxurious dress and was apologizing profusely.

"How dare you! Who's your family?!" The girl who was burned screeched.

"I......I'm from the An (安)family...." The girl who spilled the tea managed to stammers out.

"Of course, only an family as poor as that can't afford etiquette lessons, unlike my family. The Xia (夏) family. We are a top notch military family." She finished with a smirk. As I looked closer I remember who the meek girl was, she was a play mate of mine. Since her family was poor and she was the daughter of the blind wife of the family and all the mistresses of her father bullies her, and I was "invisible" son of a top notch military family like the girl who was bragging, we were the perfect match as friends.

I walked up to the girl who was from the Xia family and defended "Please stop this nonsense, if we get in trouble who will be blamed?Her who accidentally spilled her tea on you, or the one who's causing a ruckus by purposely yelling her head off?And wouldn't it hurt your honor and cause your delicate throat to be hoarse? Oh, yeah and I almost forgot that Harmony, doesn't need take etiquette lessons because she doesn't need it, like you."

Harmony the girl I defended was surprised that I knew her name then suddenly realized who I was and screamed her head off when she me. "Big Bro-" Then I cut her off with a shush."Why are you.....?" She began.

"It's orchid, remember? " I said, we made contact with our eyes and she understood.