The Afterstory Arc: Chapter 1

~Bing Bing's POV~
  After being released from that tiny cage I immediately left to go to Yu Hua Yuan to admire the peonies and chrysanthemums but was disturbed by chattering voices.
   "Did you hear? His majesty went to Concubine Yin there for a straight three months!"
   "So what? Haven't you heard? Half a ruler is the same as half a tiger* and all men love beauty! Just wait until she's old! And you actually think his majesty cares for her?!" I heard what was undoubtedly Consort Li's loud and unwavering voice say.
   "Are you talking about the previous decrease eighth king*'s wife?" I heard a voice of the Empress.
   "Of course! We were all there! She was his majesty's first love! He didn't touch anyone for a year after she committed suicide...He even fought with the king over her!" Concubine Li exclaimed. At their harmless words my body freezed and the smile I had from enjoying the flower, too became rigid.
  "Niang niang, don't listen to their gossip! They're just jealous and are in self denial and are comforting thenselves." Di Lian said really pissed.
   "Calm down, I know...if I were to get upset over every little thing wouldn't it be useless? He has a harem of three thousand*. And what can I do? She's already dead...You can never beat the dead." If maybe I was her...he wouldn't have imprisoned me...He might've been better to me...
"Niang, niang, there are so many beautiful flowers! We should pick some so for your new bath that his majesty had built specifically for you!" I could tell that Di Lian was trying especially hard to make me feel better.
   "Sure. I don't ask for all of his heart...I just blame myself that I didn't meet him earlier...that he had to bear so much loneliness and sadness....and that I'm fine as long as he loves me even one bit, as long as I have a place in that broad heart...I'll be fine." I said with a small smile. "I'll just ask him about this later...We have too many misunderstandings." And just as I was about to leave...another news had me digging my nails into my palms, I didn't know when my blood was dripping down my snowy white hands and onto a pale peony, dying it a brilliant shade of crimson until Di Lian let out a small scream. I caressed that flower...Peony has always been the sign of the Empress. How many bloodshed has occurred for her to set on that throne.
  And then a scene flashed in my head...

"Even if its still punishment, no ones here!" I said, and at my words he only chuckled and laughed.

"Oh why do you think this is a punishment?"

"Hmmmm......Oh your copying the Emperor!" I heard that he always walks on stones on this day because that's how he and the woman he love met. "Don't believe in that idiocy on if your body hurts it will distract you from emotional pain! Emotional and physical are two very different things!" And at my proclamation he only laughed.

"Can't you be more optimistic? I could be the emperor!"

"Ha! Its not the first day since I've entered the palace! The emperor wears robes of dragons!"
And as I went back to reality I was already back and the imperial Physicians had arrived and we're bandaging my hands.
  "Concubine Yin, it might hurt when he put this powder on but it will greatly aid in healing the wound and not leaving a scar." The imperial Physician had said which I nodded absently...I had already become numb... I guess he was right, if there is a greater pain it can distract from another pain. I bet he got that too...I gave him a bad advice.
~A/N~
There was no wifi in the hurricane.
*半君如伴虎 ban jun ru ban hu meaning the Emperor are unpredictable and dangerous. As if part of him is a tiger.
*王King is Wang. Differs from like the western sense. It's a title that granted to princes and sometimes even people outside of the royal family.
*后宫佳丽三千Chinese saying on a man that was a lot of wives and mistresses.