The Mask

Today was a day I dreaded, I sadly couldn't preserve my illness any longer. I had to dress and prepare for the Chinese New Year. I had a beautiful gown of the faintest green with orange mock embroidered with silver and jade threads. I had my hair put up in an elegant and simple way with a Jade hairpin that had a pearl with the word 梦 meaning dream and necklace in the shape of a hoop made of silver with at the end pieces of jade. I had my maid accompany into those big and frightening doors, the only thing that seperating my little world with only me and the big, big world full of them. I took a deep breath and put on my most graceful smile and entered slightly shaking but steady. "I was greeted by glaring eyes and broad smiles and hollow greetings.

"Ah greetings Concubine Ying."

"Greetings Consort Li."

"What have you prepare for his majesty today? I am going to show off my horse riding skills."

"Of course, your highness the sister of a great general would be excellent." I said politely which she graced with a smile. "I will be performing a dance."

I replied.

"Well I'll be looking foward to your performance."

After Consort performed complicated stances riding a horse such ad hanging off the side and standing on the back or riding backwards and after Harmony's song. I had to change in the outfit I was performing, I wore a scarlet robe of many differ materials and had a equally passionate crimson peony and lips stained red as were my eyes painted similarly. In addition to those I had brought a beautiful white mask to hide my face because I didn't want to stand out. And slowly performed the dance with instead of fans I used cherry blossoms branches that went along with the color theme. I decided to perform outside because I to leave an impression. that everytime they see snow and cherry blossoms they are reminded of me.

~~~A/N~~~

I'm sorry for being lazy...And I would like you guys to forgive me but back then I didn't know that what I thought were 'butlers' were actually eunuchs. I will correct myself sorry...(¯(●●)¯) Also Kudos to the person who figures out why I used the Orange Mock. I defided to upload because Feb 21st is Chinese New Year!!!!!