✙ Chapter 36 ✙

Hey!

Just want to tell you, there are only a few chapters left! I am writing another story, To Be Claimed, which revolves around Ryker, Caine's brother. EVENTUALLY, it will involve these characters you've all grown to love! :) So, pray your favorite isn't killed and check the new story out!

~Lissa

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bloody.

That was the one word that appeared in my head as I approached The Lonely Meadow with Laura at my side, gaping. Wolves attacked each other - teeth snapping, claws scrapping, and growls of pleasure filling our ears. Lingering through the meadow, I spotted hunters, running around with guns loaded with silver bullets, shooting at any werewolf within a few feet distance. Whenever a gun fired, there was a loud whine, followed by one of the wolves crumbling to the ground. Before I met Drew, I would've been cheering them on, but as I watched one of Drew's pack members crumble to the ground, my stomach twisted. This was terrible - the red-eyes were murderous and ripped their attackers to shreds without hesitation. Blood soaked most of their thick fur and just as I was about to turn my attention to Laura, I witnessed a red-eye ripping off a hunter's head with his teeth.

"We need to help," Laura blurted, nudging my arm. "Be careful." She nodded at me, before sprinting off with her arms swinging at her sides. When she entered the meadow, I watched as she shifted into her wolf form, her clothes ripping to small pieces. She glanced over her shoulder at me, worriedly - then, she rushed off to a couple of people laying on the ground, whimpering. Blood covered their bare skin and one of them was attempting to get them out of there. Instantly, she started helping them by allowing them to lean against her for support.

Drew.

The one name had me hurrying into the meadow, fighting the pain in my body from jumping through the window. Entering the meadow, I stepped into a puddle of blood and scrunched my nose up in disgust, moving away. To my left, I spotted a hunter, mauled - his body was ripped into pieces with teeth marks decorating his skin. Resting next to his detached leg was a gun, splattered with blood. Quickly, I rushed over and picked it up, checking how many bullets were left. Four. Taking a deep breath, I realized it was going to have to do for now. Find Drew, I thought, glancing around the meadow. Find Noah. But, there were so many werewolves leaping onto each other and running around, preventing me from seeing anybody that I recognized.

"Here I go," I muttered, running towards the battle. Overwhelmed with the urge to kill, the moment I came into view, a red-eye launched at me. He released the patch of fur in his mouth and snapped his teeth towards my face, nearly chipping my nose. But, I managed to roll out of the way, straightening back up with blood covering my left side. Growling, he whipped around, his red eyes filled with rage. Then, he came back at me, but I was prepared - I lifted my gun and aimed, pulling the trigger. The firing of the bullet shook my arm; it had been forever since I held a gun. The bullet zoomed through the air, before connecting with the red-eye's forehead. His body toppled to the ground with blood spilling from the bullet wound.

Well, they can be killed, I thought, thankful they weren't invincible. Stay focused.

I whirled around, spotting a red-eye attacking a female of Drew's pack. The red-eye was nearly twice the size of her and clearly, was taking advantage of it. He rammed into her side with his head, knocking her off her feet. She whimpered and tried clambering back to her feet, but the red-eye pounced on her. Her eyes snapped closed as she braced herself for his sharp teeth, but before his teeth were able to connect with her skin, I fired my third bullet. Proudly, I watched as the red-eye crumbled off her, motionless. I hadn't lost my touch - the female opened her eyes and when she spotted me, she released a howl.