✙ Chapter 17 ✙

Hey!

Well, this is the last chapter for awhile! I have finals soon - bleh :/ I need to focus on those and Christmas is right around the corner! I have Christmas break, but I'm not sure when I'll have time to update!! Thank you soo much for your support! I would've never thought this many people would've enjoyed my book! I don't know how I feel about this chapter - I may go back and edit!! But, this is the last update until January!!!!! :( So, here's my early Christmas present to you ;) Hugs and presents,

~Lissa

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It wasn't the wind slamming against the windows or Drew's snoring into my ear as he cuddled against my body that awoke me in the morning.

It was a bloodcurdling scream.

My eyes snapped open and for a moment, I was blinded by the sunlight streaming in through the windows. Hearing the scream, Drew jerked awake, instantly leaping on top of me; his hands grabbed my head and pulled my face to his chest, nearly suffocating me. His legs were now tangled with mine as his body weight crushed me. Although, this was his way of protecting me, I was f*cking p*ssed at his sudden action. Releasing a groan, I pushed my head away from his chest and peered up at him, not surprised to have him glancing around, eyes narrowed.

"Why don't you stop being an idiot and get the hell off me?" I asked, harshly. I pushed at his chest, but he wouldn't budge. "You're crushing me."

Realizing he was hurting me, he quickly crawled off me, finally deciding there wasn't a threat in the bedroom. I took a deep breath and sat forward, running my fingers through my hair. Scowling, I looked at him, surprised to find him looking me up and down, worriedly. I rolled my eyes and kicked off the blanket, swinging my legs over the edge of the bed. What is going on? I thought, as I rose to my feet.

"Something's wrong," Drew muttered, crawling out of bed.

I rolled my eyes. "No duh."

Ignoring my comment, he shuffled across the room to his dresser. He rummaged around in his top drawer until he produced two T-shirts, one black and one brown. As much as I hated to admit it, I watched his muscles clench as he slipped on the brown one, hiding his muscular body from my raping eyes. Then, he whipped around and tossed me the black T-shirt; I caught it easily and frowned at him. He gestured towards it, before speaking, "You'll have to ask to borrow some more clothes from Katie later - for right now, that'll have to do."

I looked down at the shirt in my hands. Katie's clothes I was wearing were dirty, torn at the bottom from the werewolves chasing after me in the forest. Seeing no other option, I looked at him, a serious expression on my face. "Fine, but turn around."

He frowned. "We're mates. Eventually, I'm going to see you na - "

"Don't you dare finish that sentence," I spat, eyes narrowed. He shook his head and muttered something to himself, before slowly turning around. I started pulling off my shirt, keeping my eyes locked on the back of his head. "You better not look. . ." I heard a quiet laugh in response and knowing better than to trust him, I quickly slipped on the T-shirt while also kicking out of Katie's jeans at the same time.

I exhaled loudly. "Okay, done."

He turned back around, slowly. "Come on, lets head down." I nodded and started towards the door to leave, but he came up behind me, grabbing my upper arm. I glared at him and opened my mouth to speak, but he beat me to it. "I want you by my side, just in case." There were two possible reasons why he wanted me close. One, he was afraid of me escaping again by slipping away when he was busy dealing with whatever the hell was going on. Or, two, he was concerned about my safety, maybe because the threat was still around. Probably both, I thought, reluctantly allowing him to guide me out of the bedroom.