✙ Chapter 26 ✙

Hey!

So, I wasn't going to update for awhile longer, but I broke 500 followers! Ahh! That's so exciting and because I'm thankful for all my wonderful fans, I'm updating sooner than planned! Thank you to all of you who have stuck with me through this story!

~ Lissa

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Facing the bathroom mirror, I traced the crescent moon on my chest - the mark of power. It was about the size of a golf-ball, stuck in-between my breasts where the mysterious guy had touched me in my nightmare. Power, I thought, dragging my index finger along the curve of the mark. Flashing back to the conversation with Caine, I remembered him mentioning how supposedly when he brought me to life when I was born for my mother's happiness, his power stained my soul. What if the mark represented his power on my soul? Why else would the mark appear? You're being ridiculous, I thought, tugging my shirt upwards to hide the mark. Caine is lying. Though, as I stared into the eyes of my reflection, there was something behind them; something dark and twisted.

"Nora?"

I whipped my head around, seeing Drew stumbling into the bedroom. Casually, I flicked off the bathroom light and walked out towards him, surprised to find him gripping a McDonald's bag filled with greasy, yet delicious food. He grinned at me and waved the bag, tauntingly. "Hungry? I got two bacon cheeseburgers and extra salty fries."

My stomach growled and I bit my bottom lip. "What's the catch?"

"No catch," he responded, shaking his head. "I just want us to sit down and get to know each other." I pinched my lips together, realizing this was his brilliant idea into getting me to spill things about myself. I watched as he walked over to the bed and flopped down on the bouncy cushioning, leaning back against the headrest. Then, glancing my direction, he pulled out a fry and shoved it into his mouth, releasing a moan of pleasure. I licked my lips, debating in my head whether or not to join him. Smirking, he looked at me, grabbing another fry. "You're missing out! I might just eat all these fries myself. . ."

"Fine," I muttered, before hesitantly rushing over to the bag of food. I flopped down beside him and snatched the fry from his fingers, shoving it into my mouth. He opened his mouth to respond, but he couldn't think of anything to say - so, he reached back into the bag and grabbed two fries, piling them into his mouth. The salt tingled my tongue and I found myself grabbing a handful of the fries in hunger, receiving a pout from Drew when he realized I had took over half of them. Growing up, my family didn't eat at a lot of fast-food restaurants, mainly because we were health freaks. When I started training with my brother, I was forced to give up the junk food. The last time I remembered eating McDonald's was over a year ago.

"So, what's your favorite color?" Drew blurted, cocking an eyebrow.

I looked at him. "That's a stupid question."

He frowned. "You're my mate and I barely know anything about you. I figured we'd start off with some simple questions, okay?" I licked some salt from the corner of my mouth and took a deep breath, knowing there was many more questions to come.

"Blue."

"Same," he responded, grinning in happiness that the two of us shared one thing in common. "What's your favorite song?" I rummaged through the bag, pulling out one of the bacon cheeseburgers. He watched patiently as I unwrapped the greasy burger and took a bite, pleasing my growling stomach. I hadn't ate anything since breakfast, which was the basic bowl of cereal, and it was almost five o' clock. Swallowing, I looked at him, already uncomfortable with his questions. I wasn't the type of person who liked talking about herself, mainly because I didn't find myself that interesting. "You have to promise not to laugh, okay?"