✙ Chapter 23 ✙

Hey!

So, I don't know how I feel about this chapter - I'm basically trying to piece everything together without it being rushed to the point that there is a lot of confusion. There is A LOT of speaking in this chapter, so bare with me. Oh, and if there is any confusion, don't hesitate to ask questions. I'll answer :) Sorry for any mistakes!! Now, off you go. . . ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stumbling down the hallways, I was grateful Drew didn't follow me - he was beginning to allow me more freedom, thankfully. A part of me believed this sudden trust was from the bond, meaning that no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't escape him. But, the other part of me believed he truly trusted me, probably more than he should've. Despite my recent kindness towards the pack, especially Brody, I wasn't a good person. I knew that; if my mother was still alive, she would've reminded me that nobody was good because they simply didn't exist. Good people didn't exist - everybody was a little selfish and at some point, mean to another. I was aware that I was probably one of the worst people in the world. I had killed werewolves - people - and I had my fair share of drugs and alcohol after my mother's death. And, I didn't wait until marriage to have sex; I lost my virginity to one of my brother's friends at a lame party.

This was me.

And, as I was walking down the hallways, I realized that I didn't want to be known as that person anymore. I wanted to be better. I just didn't know how.

Nora.

The voice floated through my head and I froze, chills shooting up my spine. "What the hell?" I muttered, glancing over my shoulder. I was hoping somebody stood behind me, maybe playing some prank, but there wasn't anybody. Running my fingers through my hair, I continued down the hallway on alert. I was getting too comfortable here, not paying much attention to my surroundings, meaning I was becoming reckless. I was trained to pay attention to the smallest things; my brother always warned me that the tiniest things could do the worst. Like a werewolf, I needed to be cautious and prepared for anything.

Come.

Startled, I jumped, feeling my heart lurch in my chest. Then, before I could process the command, I found myself turning the corner down another hallway. I didn't know where I was going; my legs were in control at the moment. All I knew was that I needed to get to that voice - a part of me was panicking when I realized that I wasn't in control of my legs at the moment. I scratched at the wall next to me, attempting to stop myself from walking, but I couldn't. I frowned at the scratches on the wall left behind from my jagged nails - this was insane. I twisted my body at an awkward angle, desperately reaching for a door handle, but my legs fought against me, ripping my hands away.

"No," I breathed, finding myself turning down another hallway.

Come.

I shook my head, hoping to block the voice from my head, but it wasn't any use. The word kept repeating in my head until I finally stopped in front of a large, familiar door. Drew's office. Hesitantly, I reached out, grabbing the cold handle with shaky hands. Don't do it, I thought, mentally slapping myself in the forehead when I twisted the handle. Just walk away. Pushing open the door, I stepped into the office, sucking in a deep breath. I found myself staring at a back - a muscular, broad back hidden by the fabric of a black t-shirt. My feet forced me forward, slowly making me approach the person in curiosity.

Stopping a few feet away from him, I watched the guy turn around, a smirk dancing on his face. His emerald eyes gleamed underneath the lights, eyeing me up and down. I should've recognized him from behind by his dark hair.