✙ Chapter 12 ✙

Hey!

An update! Wut wut! So, before you start reading, I just want you to know that this chapter shows a different side of Nora! I really don't want any comments saying she's changed to some weak, pathetic girl! Because, that's not true! Put yourselves in her shoes in this chapter! Oh, and just so you know, this story has NO VAMPIRES! Just felt the need to put that out there :)

Thanks for reading!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited: 12/27/14

It was nearly eight o' clock when the sun began settling down behind the trees, allowing the moon to make a brighter appearance in the sky. Overwhelmed with anxiety, I watched as the werewolves shuffled back and forth, grabbing shackles and helping chain each other to the concrete walls. Drew paced back and forth, commanding orders to his frantic pack members. I stood in one of the farthest corners, ignoring the dirty looks I received as I watched in silence. In a couple more hours, the full moon was going to be at its highest peak, which was the time werewolves shifted, reluctantly. Every pair of eyes that I met, white filled the pupils, because transitioning was near.

I spotted Hulk on the other side of the basement, locking shackles on Katie's wrists. Her hair was pulled back and like the majority of the girls, she wore a tank with raggedy shorts. I watched as Hulk planted a kiss on her forehead, before locking the last shackle. Then, he turned towards two men and nodded, dropping to his knees beside her. Grabbing the nearest shackles, they started locking him down, hastily. I stared at Hulk for a long moment; his head hung forward, his chest rising and falling quickly as he breathed deeply. He was shirtless, revealing some scars on his chest.

I looked away, turning my attention to Cole who was gathering the newer werewolves into cells with thick, silver bars. A serious frown rested on his face and a packet of cigarettes stuck out from the back pocket of his raggedy jeans. Exhaling loudly, my eyes flickered back to Drew. He was speaking with a woman, though he kept glancing over his shoulder at me to make sure I didn't disappear. He already told me his plan; while he and his pack were shifting, a few humans were supposed to watch over me.

Idiot.

It wasn't going to be difficult to escape some humans - and because the entire pack was going to be chained in the basement, I wasn't going to have them chasing after me. Though, I was concerned about the possibility of running into a werewolf from a different pack, considering Drew's pack shared the forest with neighboring packs. I knew that some didn't chain themselves up on full moons, so unless I was able to snatch a silver knife from the kitchen - which I highly doubted was going to happen - I was going to be defenseless. On a full moon. With werewolves scrambling the forest. My plan to escape was undoubtedly the dumbest and most reckless thing I had thought of so far.

"I swear, Cole is the worst Beta on Earth!" a familiar voice came, startling me. I whipped my head around, finding myself looking at Brody. He leaned against the wall beside me, his flop of brown hair matted to his forehead. A thin layer of sweat covered his skin and the white in his eyes popped in the dimly-lit basement. "He stole my freaking shackles!"

I shrugged. "Steal them back."

"I tried! And, guess what he did!?" he responded, outraged. "He pushed me away and told me to go suck a cock! Like, seriously? And, he says I'm immature."

Brody puffed his cheeks out in frustration, folding his arms across his chest. Without realizing, a grin appeared on my face; out of all the werewolves, including Drew, Brody seemed to be the only one who didn't fear or hate me for my killings. I mean, it was obvious Hulk didn't like me and despite Katie letting me borrow some of her clothes, there was fear in her eyes whenever she looked at me. Then, there was Drew - he was a combination of both. I knew he feared how far I was willing to go, but even though he didn't show it, he resented me for killing some of his pack members. I felt a pang in my heart at the thought - stupid mate-pull.