✙ Chapter 8 ✙

Hey!

Next chapter! Wut wut! I'm not sure how I feel about this chapter, I might go in and change/add some things, FYI! Oh, and I'll be starting school soon! :( I'm in high school, so uploads might not be as frequent! Thank you for the comments/support! I love reading what you guys think! BTW, I haven't found anyone to play the part of Jay, or as Nora calls him, Hulk. Any suggestions? Thanks for reading! :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited: 12/26/14

Fuck my life.

At this point, the thought was becoming popular in my head. Nearly fifteen minutes after being abducted from the gas station, I found myself stuck in the backseat, zooming through the outskirts of town. I stared out the window at the passing houses, vacant buildings, and dead trees in hope of recognizing where I was. The bulky guy, Hulk, wasn't the best driver - he kept swerving into the other lane and when the speed limit was clearly fifty-five, he was pushing seventy. A calm expression rested on his face, though his grip on the steering wheel was tight enough that his knuckles were white. Next to him, the chestnut-colored hair guy, Brody, was ripping his empty Skittles package into small pieces, allowing them to fly out his rolled down window. He was humming along to the music playing quietly, ever once in awhile singing to the chorus.

Then, seated in the backseat with me, was Drew. While I pretended to be oblivious, I noticed that the majority of the time his eyes were focused on me. I wasn't sure if it was because of the mate-pull or he feared I had another brilliant plan to escape. The moment we had left the gas station, Hulk had forgot to lock the doors and I leaped out of the moving vehicle. Of course, my injuries stung like a bitch, but I wasn't weak - I had came this far. Instantly, I started hurrying away, desperately down the side of the road in hope of someone seeing me. But, because of his incredible speed, Drew had caught me within minutes, shoving me back into the SUV. I inspected my new injuries - my elbows and knees contained bloody scraps from the concrete and my shoulder was aching from taking the fall.

I touched one of my scraps and flinched, rubbing the blood between my fingers. How many times was I going to get injured? Sooner or later, with the pace I was heading, I was going to get myself killed. Though, as I sat there in the backseat, I knew my father would've been proud. He would've wanted his daughter to die fighting and denying the mate-pull. Drew exhaled loudly and pinched the bridge of his nose, before looking towards me with his worried eyes. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine," I grumbled, not looking at him.

"You're bleeding," he said, mentioning the obvious. "You must've ripped open your stitches in your thigh - you need to be more careful."

I pinched my lips together. "It doesn't hurt." It wasn't a complete lie; I assumed the blood-loss had caused my thigh to become numb. Though, every once in a while, there was a throbbing.

"You're beating yourself up," he responded, eyeing me. "You're making yourself suffer." I gritted my teeth together and looked back out the window. I need to get out of here. While he was concerned, I knew a part of him was angry that I had leaped out of the moving vehicle near the gas station; it was his pack member's fault for not locking the doors. But, I also knew that he was hurt that I kept trying to escape him - didn't he understand that a hunter and Alpha weren't going to work? A moment of silence passed between us, before he raised an eyebrow. "Maybe you live for the suffering."

I glanced at him. "What does that mean?"

"You keep fighting."

"Because, I don't want to be here," I told him, harshly. "I don't want to be with you." My lips twisted into a sneer while my stomach twisted inside of me. A pained expression came across his face and I looked down at my hands, reminding myself not to cave into the mate-pull. I wanted to apologize; I wanted to touch him. But, I couldn't. I heard Hulk inhale loudly as he eavesdropped and Brody simply cleared his throat, awkwardly. The two of them hadn't acknowledged me since we had left the gas station; I assumed that Drew didn't want them to. "Just let me go and I won't kill you or your pack."