✙ Chapter 35 ✙

Hey!

I don't have much to say, other than I've worked really hard on this story and I've already encountered someone who's basically stole it. This story is marked so that it's mine and only mine; I haven't given anyone permission to use it for anything. But, thank you to my amazing fans!! Here's the next chapter!!

~Lissa

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was seated against the rocky wall, fiddling with the small rags scattering the concrete floor beneath me. Sunlight streamed in through the small windows above, which contained steel bars to prevent someone from escaping. The 'dungeon' was utterly quiet, despite the numerous people locked up. The old woman across from me was seated in a corner, trembling as she watched a cockroach skid in front of her. Like me, heavy cuffs were locked on her wrists, connected to chains that were built into the walls. There was a middle-aged man to my right who was nibbling on a small piece of bread, releasing a small weep every once in a while. All these people looked weak and helpless; they're clothes were basically scraps now.

"You're Nora Myers, aren't you?" a small voice came, startling me. I turned my head, seeing a young girl in the cage to my left. She was around my age, no older than eighteen. Her brown hair was pulled back into a messy braid; dirt covered her pale skin. She stared at me with wide, hazel eyes, filled with many emotions. Dressed in a tattered dress, I assumed she was taken from some party. The freckles scattering her face made her appear younger than she was. She licked her lips and shook her head, looking away. "Uh, I'm sorry. You just look like her."

I squinted through the bars that separated us. "How do you know what she looks like?" She scratched her forehead and scooted closer to the bars, wrapping her arms around her legs. I watched her for a moment, noticing how miserable she looked. "She's pretty famous in the werewolf community; everybody is talking about her. And, the men that come in here - they whisper about her."

I frowned. "Why is she famous?"

"She's a hunter who fell in love with an Alpha," the girl muttered, emphasizing the particular word that caused Drew to appear in my head. "It isn't very often that happens; plus, everybody believes she's the one to save us - to stop Killian." The girl exhaled loudly, leaning her head against the bars. Forcing a grin, she blinked away tears as she continued. "Killian is really powerful, though. I don't think she'll be able to stop him - I don't think anybody can."

"You never know," I told her, glancing up at the leaking ceiling. "Even the most powerful beings can be killed." She pinched her lips together, keeping quiet. Obviously, she didn't agree with me; at the moment, she didn't have much hope. But, judging by her appearance, I didn't blame her. "What's your name?"

"Laura."

"That name sounds familiar," I whispered, rambling through my head. Her eyes flickered towards me and I cleared my throat, looking away. Where did I hear that name from? Thinking to myself, I realized I was locked in a cell, having no clue where I was or how long I had been out. Not only that, but I was concerned for Drew and his pack. Was he okay? Did he defeat those two guys? Why didn't anyone come to our rescue? Caine? Noah? Were they alright? There were so many unanswered questions floating in my head. "Uh, do I know you from somewhere?"

She forced a grin. "I don't know - my brother is Alpha Drew; his mate is Nora." My eyes widened as I looked at her, seeing the resemblance. Her dark hair and blue eyes reminded me so much of him; I couldn't believe I didn't notice it at first. "What's your name?"