A.S.A.P

I answered my phone to an unknown number. I was a little afraid to do so given the circumstances I was in. No telling who it could have been. 

"Hello" I said speaking very shallow into the phone. 

"Hi. Is this Love Joy?" 

"Depends, who's calling?"

"This Is Detective Cook. We need to speak. Not later, not soon, but now. When are you available to come to the station?"

"Ummm, not really any time soon. I just got out of the shower. Do you mind telling me what is so urgent...Mr...ah, Cook....right?" 

"That's detective Cook, and the urgency is that we are investigating a homicide. I can explain the details once you get to the station. How about I give you an hour to come to me and if I don't see you by then I'll come and find you. A word of advice though, you won't like it if I have to do that."

"Okay. I think I get your drift. No need to send out a search team. I'll find my way just fine, thank you." 

"Good. See you soon." he said.

As soon as the call was disconnected, I went straight into panic mode. I started pacing Ta Ta's room with my mind racing a million miles an hour. What the fuck am I going to do? How did they even know I had something to do with it? Calm down, bitch. You don't know what they know. They might just want to simply ask a few questions. Don't get too nervous and fucking snitch on yourself. If he wanted to ask a couple of questions, I am sure he could have done that over the phone right now. I think they want me to come in so they can lock me up. I have never felt this damn scared in my entire life. I mean hell, I just lost my boyfriend, murdered someone and now I am about to do life in prison all in one day. I so wanted to run and never look back, but I knew it would only be a matter of time before they would catch up to me. I put my big girl panties on and had Ta-Ta drive me to the police station. 

When we pulled up, I just sat there and took a minute reflecting on life, and making some small arrangement's with Ta-Ta on what to do with the money and dope if I didn't come back out. I stepped out of the vehicle, taking my sweet little time as I approached the front doors, trying to think of any way possible to get out of this situation. Once inside, I was greeted by a fat woman behind the desk who looked to be in her late 50's.  

"Do you need help, young lady? You looked lost." she asked.

I was lost. Lost in my thoughts. I snapped out of it and replied to her "Yes ma'am. I'm sorry. I am here to see Detective Cook."

"Okay. You can have a seat, he should be out shortly."

Sitting in the lobby for 5 minutes felt like an eternity. I was nervous as hell. Every officer, or man in a suit, made my heart drop. Then out comes a young man. Neat, clean and very well put together. As he approached me, he extended his hand. 

"Hello. I am Detective Cook. You must be Love?" 

I accepted his hand shake and replied with a nod of my head. "Nice to meet you." I said, hoping I didn't sound as nervous as I felt. I got up and followed him back to what I presumed to be his office. Once inside, another officer much older looking walked into the room and closed the door. He introduced himself as Detective Gleason. 

"First of all, Miss Joy, we would like to ask where you were today around 4 or 5 pm?" Detective Gleason asked.

"Ummm, if I am not mistaken, I was at my girlfriends Ta-Ta's." I answered, I could hear my voice starting to shake.

"Okay. Let's be clear, Miss Joy." he seethed. "This is not a fucking guessing game. I need you to know. This is a very serious matter." 

"I'm sorry, but you have yet to tell me why I am here, sir." I said, starting to get defensive. 

"Alright, let's get straight to the point. Do you know a man by the name of Demetrius AKA Man?"

Acting a bit confused, I replied "Yes. Why? Is everything okay?" as my stomach turned, and I could feel myself start to pale, as if I was sick.

"No. We found Mr. Johnson dead in a crack house. Your number was the last person he called." Hearing someone else say out loud that he was dead, I burst into tears. I didn't have to pretend. I was shocked, lost and sad without him. Detective Gleason handed me a tissue and apologized saying he thought I knew about his death due to the fact its been all over the news. Through my tears and sobbing, I manage to tell them that he was my boyfriend, and the last time we spoke he said he was going to a friends house. They asked the usual questions you would assume. If I knew anyone that would want him dead, etc. No, not to my knowledge, I told them. It went back and forth like this for awhile. Most of it I don't even remember until they asked to fingerprint me. It kind of woke me out of a trance.

"It's just protocol to finger print and ID you before we let you go. You are not under arrest. It something we do to cover all our bases." Detective Cook explained.

After complying, I got out of the police station so fast I think I might of left my shoes behind. Ta-Ta was still waiting for me. 

"What happened? Are you okay, Love?" 

"Yes. I am fine. Please, lets just get the fuck outta here!" 

Ta-Ta pulled out of the parking lot without hesitation "So, where to?" she asked. 

"Straight to the bus station." I replied. "I need to get the fuck outta here ASAP!" 

*If you like this story please Like🔥Share🔥Vote and Follow*