(24) one month later

Your Perspective

💋

I stand outside the coffee shop,
Jin's favourite coffee shop.
My hands are sweaty,
My breath and heart are both racing.

I walk.
I walk, I have my information, my resume, and my references hugging my chest.

He walks beside me, moving his mask from his mouth as he kisses my temple. Jin hugs my side, his warm hands buried under my sweater.

"You'll do great."

I nudge him away. "Back away, I'm trying to focus. This is a big deal."

"It's your first day."

"Yes," I snap, "and you keep breathing down at my neck like some vampire thirsting for blood. Control yo-self."

The man laughs, hugs me again and backs away with his hands in the air. "Alright snappy-pants. Good luck, okay? Call me when you're done so I can come get you."

I nod. But my face changes from anger to soft, innocent, and cute terror watching him walk back to his car.

"Jinnie?"

"Yes?" He's grinning, he sees that I'm scared. He sees that I'm sensitive. He knows what I'm about to ask, but I'm too scared as I cutely hug the folders I categorized last night, in my arms.

"Can you..." I struggle, nibbling on my bottom lip from nervousness.

"Can I what? Leave?" Jin points to the car, opens the door and starts to mischievously get in.

"Jin!" I whine, pouting and jumping in my spot as my knuckles get white from my grips to the folders.

Jin laughs. Shutting the door, chuckling and running towards me in his ripped jeans, glasses, baggy shirt and jean jacket, the sound of his boots soothe me when he's back to my side.

In my work uniform, I stand shivering form the cold when he hugs me. In a burgundy top, tucked into black shorts that write the name of the shop near the top of my button. My hair is braided and messy, because of Jin saying to do them for me today.

Jin was so excited to see me in my outfit, he took embarrassing pictures of me standing my my new apartment's door—calling it "my baby's first day!" I was creeped out how easily he sounded like a father instead of my boyfriend.

"You'll do great okay?" He rubs my shoulders. "Breathe." I breathe as he tells me to.

"We have no more debts," Jin soothes, closing his eyes and smiling. "Sarah's back, Duke's away from Tea. Everyone is happy, you're out and you're happy."

I smile at Sarah being okay.
I smile at Tea being okay.
I remember fighting for their survival every day after the night Jin attacked Duke.

Sarah was rescued by the girls, Jin, and the remaining of Bangtan who had help from a reporter in the loop. Namjoon was happy with the saving of his girl, and I was happy with the returning of mine. Sarah.

I couldn't help Sarah.
I couldn't help the save.
I was too busy figuring out Tea's terrifying situation she agreed to.

But with Sarah back, with the leader back in and recovering, I was freed once I spoke to her. Once I told her I couldn't be apart of the brothel, I couldn't handle this life anymore...she let me go with a smile.

...and she helped Tea out of her situation with Duke. Surprisingly enough, the man did nothing but obey to what Sarah said, glancing lovingly at Tea with every chance his hard-head got.

The only bummed-out part to this ever-changing month was my hardships to find an apartment. With a constant tug and pull, Jin convinced me to allow help from him.

He paid for me and I didn't have to sleep with him as a repay. Instead, I slept with him because I wanted to make love to my boyfriend on the floors of my new apartment.

One month later,
Hardships behind,
New ships ahead,
I face other challenges that I never thought I would.

Like this one.

Jin continues to ramble, "you've gotten a new house, you've cleared up on any news regarding your victimizations with that one fucker who hurt you—" Jin's upper lip twitches, he's angry and bitter regarding that. He knows me, he knows all of me, and he knows my life story.

From start to finish.
Now, I would tell you from start to finish, but those are secrets I only trust with Seok Jin...

"You've gone through so much and yet," he smiles, peeking his eyes open, "Yet, you're here. You've been hired so clearly they like what you offer them. You're first day will go amazingly, and you'll come back home to meet me with a cute cupcake ready for a devouring."

"A cupcake?" I ask, eyes brightening at the mention of any kind of cake.

Jin nods, laughing. "Yes. A cupcake."

I smile. "Okay."

"Now, go in and quickly get this day over with."

"Okay," I sigh, blink to feel his hands still rubbing my shoulders. Moving away from him when he pecks my cheek, he frees me to move closer to the doors. "Bye." I'm trying to hide my fear as I force a smile to him.

I walk closer to the doors.
As I get close, I turn to see him.

Jin can't stop smiling. "Go on," he waves for me to continue with his hands.

"Okay." I waddle, like a cute penguin, trying to find my way to the door again.

As I open the door, I turn one last time.

Jin's still there. He hasn't moved a muscle.

He laughs. "Okay what about this?"

He walks towards me, meeting the entrance as well.

"Why don't I stay the entire time. I can be your first costumer." He holds my waist, pulling me in and reassuringly having me follow his steps into the fairly deserted shop.

"I love you," I breathe out, thankful.

Jin smirks. "I know."