(21) the final night

NOTE: *trigger warning* mention of rape; unwanted touching.
-

Your Perspective

💋

I drop the envelope of money onto the table. It's Sarah's red wood, her favourite colour, her favourite scent. But now, the room and the table smells of Duke. I'm sure the envelope I drop will eventually smell of him too.

"There's the money."

Duke twirls in his chair like a child playing. His eyes are smiling in lines along with his mouth, his brows cocked. "Money?"

"The 7k Jin owes you."

Duke takes the envelope in his hands. Peeking in, the man with the broad shoulders and large chest makes chuckles. All his muscles move while mine tense in front of the table.

If he weren't such a tool, his body, face, and adorable smile would count to be attractive.

I walked into the room so bravely this new day, this new evening. But now, seeing the way he smiles, looks, and lays my body out to be a piece of meat makes me shrivel pathetically.

"Today is the last day available for Jin to see me. I know he technically had a month before giving the money, but I choose to give you it now. I don't want him paying for me." I am fast with my words, letting everything off my chest in a hurry while I look at Duke—straight in the eyes.

"Oh sweetheart," Duke purrs, laughing when seeing 7k stuffed terribly in such a large envelope. The money is close to emerging out and falling to his feet. "Two things..."

My brows furrow lightly. "What two thin—"

"First, Jin owes more than 7k," he pouts but he doesn't mean it. Duke is mocking me, and I get shocked. "Second," he continues, "May I ask where you've suddenly got all this money?"

"How much does he owe?" My voice is wavering. I'm defeated. Duke manages to make my brave stature into complete jelly.

"Answer my question and I'll answer yours." He sounds a little harsh when he says this. I wonder if he's scared of me possibly being stable outside of this place.

"It's from my savings..." I trail off and he pouts again. "Aw," He coos, "Is this the money that would've gotten you out of here eventually?" I say nothing because I know he isn't sad about it.

"Answer my question," I say with a demand.

The man leans forward. He leans to his table and I watch the snickering play in him grow. He looks at my body again while saying, "10k."

My heart falls in my chest. "I-I can't give you anymore."

"I'll have him pay me the remaining," Duke shrugs, throwing his back into the cushions of the seat he sits on. He looks at the envelope once more before laying it out on the desk.

The money falls a little, like snow on a mountain, as it scatters out.

"No." I say this, jaw clenching. "I don't want him paying."

"I need the remaining 3k," he's still staring at my body while saying this.

"I," I swallow, feeling tears at my eyes, "I'll find a way to pay that off slow, don't bring Jin into this." I'm still not over how much Jin had agreed to in the first place; a part of me thinks of his caring, genuine, and loving side I feel for.

"Pay me slow?" His tongue pokes at  his cheek. His gazes still trying to unclothe me.

"Yes. I'll stay here as well," I have trouble saying this. I want to go back into my room and cry. That's what I was doing last night and it seemed to help...