(8) hotel room

Your Perspective

💋

There is blood that mixes with the water raining above me. I stand in the hot water, bathe away the hurt that clouds my physical and emotional state. I stare numb. I make no sound. All I hear in my humming eardrums is the music of the water, and Jin's muffled voice outside my door.

He is on his phone. First, he calls his friends from hometown to cover for him again. Second, he calls the driver who waits outside. The second conversation is a blur for me as I start to cry again, cupping my hand to my mouth, trying not to sniffle out a cry.

What happened comes in flashes. It comes and goes and I try to move on quick from it, even if it just happened two hours ago. In my line of work, in the horror stories I have heard and lived, all that happened tonight was nothing in comparison to what I had already lived. But it still hurt. It still ate at my soul. Why did it hurt so much?

There is a soft knock on the door. I jump, blinking away the droplets that drape my face. My eye is starting to swell and blacken from the harsh hits given to my cheek, my lip cut, while the other wounds dance in taboo areas of my body.

"Come out soon?" His voice is softer than the silk I'm normally provided. Jin's words are cautious, treating me like a ticking time-bomb ready to explode alone any minute.

I say nothing. I turn the water off as a response. He shuffles away from the door to give space and I hear the hesitancy in his steps.

I move into the clothing that Tea lends me. She was the first face I saw when I came to, then Jin. I had jumped upright on the bed, thrashed my gaze around to see if the monster was near. When I felt and heard nothing but their soothing voices, I finally grew weak with a calm.

Jin didn't touch me the entire time I was relaxing, restoring, and being reassured. I'm thankful he didn't. I didn't need another man in that moment, good or bad.

Moving into joggers and a long sleeved tee, my hair is wet and I try to tame it lazily before stepping out with my towel. My eyes meet the man's that waits with worry in his eyes.

Jin is in the center of my room and I walk towards him.

The sweetness I missed is back, it somewhat feels foreign since care is strongly laced in his gaze. No man has looked at me with such eyes in years, I look away, staring st the towel in my hands.

His hands stretch out. "I'll take it," he says, gentle with his words. He urges for the towel to be given and I cave. Too tired, too lazy, I don't want to argue or resist any help.

He takes my towel, travels towards the bed and places it down. I notice my bed already has new sheets as he walks away from it, another fabric in hand. Jin holds his jacket from the previous night. He hands it over, "I'm taking you out. It'll get cold."

I don't refuse in taking the jacket. He watches me while I wear it, I look to the ground, feeling his warmth and scent stronger than ever. I want to thank him but my mouth doesn't work this hour.

"We'll head to the hospital first," Jin says softly. I look up shocked at that and his smile is reassuring while explaining, "I've got lies and expenses covered." I relax over the look in his eyes, he wants to take care of me in this moment and I see it.

Normally, I wouldn't want pity and would argue. But right now, in pain and numb in all ways, I again, don't want to refuse help.

I nod.

His hand stretches to the door. I walk in front of Jin who is gentle-men like, trailing behind me.

He still doesn't touch me.