Bonus Chapter [Pt. 4]

“Stay here and don’t make a single sound, ok?” She urged as he nodded. The door to the astronomy tower threw itself open and Severus watched Sirius Black strut by with his date. His arm was slung over the giggling girl’s shoulder and he had his trademark rakish smirk on. Hidden in the alcove just behind the door, Ariella and Severus waited with baited breath. Severus’ dark eyes slid from Sirius’ clearly distracted face to Ariella’s, which stood only inches away from his. In the tight space, the two of them were pressed against each other in even the most intimate of places. Ariella’s amethyst eyes seemed to swirl with something that seemed to give off the inkling of jealousy.

“Oh Sirius~” The giggling girl cooed as she latched herself onto Sirius’s arm. Ariella tensed as she watched them lean in for a kiss. It felt odd. She had seen him kiss almost half of the female population at Hogwarts, but this kiss felt different. For some reason, Merlin knows why, she wanted to gouge out that giggling hussy’s eyes out.

“It’s so beautiful up here!” She gushed. Ariella rolled her eyes as she anticipated Sirius’s next words.

“Not as beautiful as you,” his smooth voice purred. Ariella frowned. The words seemed like a cliché that had gotten countless girls to drop their knickers for the dark haired boy. Of course, he had never said anything like that to her.

“You wanna go somewhere private?” He asked as the girl sighed and nodded. Ariella’s breath hitched in her chest as she waited for them to leave the tower without noticing them. Thankfully for her and Severus’ nerves, the two were too wrapped up in each other to notice the two of them hiding by the door. When she was sure they were far enough down the hallway, Ariella slammed the door shut and leaned against it. Severus stepped out from the alcove and dusted off his robes.

“Well that was unpleasant,” he grumbled as Ariella turned to him.

“I think we should go back to our dorms now,” she suggested. Severus was surprised to see tears sparkling in her eyes. He nodded and silently followed her down the staircase.

“Thank you,” he blurted out when they neared the hallway where they’d have to separate. Ariella turned to him in surprise before a small smile slipped across her otherwise melancholic features. 

“You’re welcome,” she replied before she turned and left him alone in the hallway. The expression on her face stuck with him. It was the first time he had seen her look so heartbroken. He had seen her happy, angry, and scared, but never hurt.

**

“Hey, Elle,” Remus greeted when he noticed the blonde coming through the portrait hole.  Ariella smiled at him.

“Hey Moony.  Pads and Prongs back yet?” She asked, knowing the answer already. Neither of them were back yet.

“Nah, not yet. How was your date?”

“It was ok. Nothing fantastic,” she giggled lightly. Ariella let her shoulders droop as she crossed the common room to sit next to her friend. 

“Something bothering you, Elle?” Remus asked as he closed the book he had been reading. He noticed the far-off look on  the blonde’s face.