Revelations [Pt.2]

“But we aren’t anything but friends,” She finished as Snape frowned. His frown deepened as he saw hurt flash across her features.

“What are we, Cross?” He inquired as Ariella tilted her head to the side. She sighed before shrugging her shoulders. She dipped her head down, unable to face him.

“I don’t know, Snape. I honestly have no idea,” She answered truthfully.  When she looked up, she was surprised to see the smirk that had spread across her colleague’s countenance. She opened her mouth to ask about the expression, but the words wouldn’t come out.

“Speechless for once, are we, Cross?” He drawled seductively. Ariella’s entire body froze when Severus used his long fingers to tuck a stray curl behind her ear. The action seemed to speak volumes for the quiet Potions Master.

“What do you want us to be, Severus?” Ariella questioned in a voice that sounded stronger than she thought it would. Suddenly a chilling breeze swept across the pair as Ariella’s eyes widened.

“Snape, go get Remus! Now!” She ordered as she separated from the confused Snape. He stared at her before she bolted back outside. He did as she asked and the two men rushed back out onto the grounds.

Ariella easily transformed and bounded into the Forbidden Forest. A growling earned her attention as she turned to face a large black dog. She easily snarled in return as she crouched, ready to pounce. The large dog’s grey eyes seemed to soften as it stared at her. Suddenly it transformed into the form of a ragged, sick looking man with wild black hair.

“Elle? Is that you?” His raspy, deep voice was almost a whisper as Ariella growled. She too transformed and glared at the intruder.  The man’s eyes widened as he looked at her before tears welled in his eyes.

“Elle!” He cried out as he went to reach for her. Her wand was at his throat in less than a second and he frowned.

“Elle, what are you doing?” He asked, confused.

“Don’t talk to me as if we’re friends, Sirius Black,” Ariella snarled as Sirius stared at her in surprise. Her amethyst eyes were icy as he took a step back.

“We are friends, Elle. You know I would never kill James and Lily! I loved them!” He exclaimed in defense as she scoffed.

“Just like you loved me?” She questioned bitterly. Sirius stared at her before letting his face crumple. The tears he had been holding back fell down his face.

“Elle, if you believed I killed them, you would’ve kill me by now,” He remarked as Ariella frowned.

“Maybe I don’t want to be a murderer,” She rebutted as he scoffed. Ariella quirked an eyebrow as he grew bitter.

“You almost killed Peter when he set your hair on fire,” He argued as Ariella rolled her eyes.

“That was in third year. That is nothing like now,” She growled as Sirius frowned.

“Elle!”

“Cross!” Ariella’s eyes widened when she heard Remus’s and Snape’s voice at the edge of the Forest. Sirius turned to the sound of their voices and furrowed his eyebrows.

“Ariella!” Remus called out again as Ariella felt confliction rise up in her gut. She should turn Sirius in. The dementors would give him the kiss and he’d be lost forever. However, some part of her told her that he was innocent. Some irrational part of her still cared for the bastard.

“Go!” She snarled after a moment. Sirius turned to her in surprise.

“Elle, what…”

“Just go! I’m letting you live for now, Sirius. Next time, I will end you,” She threatened as she transformed and bounded out of the Forest. She easily found the two men searching for her and mewed softly to earn their attention.