Harry's In Trouble [Pt. 2]

“Mr. Moony presents his compliments to Professor Snape, and begs him to keep his abnormally large nose out of other people’s business.” Snape froze. Harry stared, dumbstruck, at the message. But the map didn’t stop there. More writing was appearing beneath the first.

Mr. Prongs agrees with Mr. Moony, and would like to add that Professor Snape is an ugly git.” It would have been very funny if the situation hadn’t been so serious. While Harry fought back nervous laughter, Ariella felt dread settle in the pit of her stomach. She knew her words would appear next.

Miss Cattail, would like remark that Professor Snape should look into another profession, such as being a janitor or Owlery Clean-up Specialist.” Ariella sneaked a quick look at Severus’s face at the words, but his face for the moment was void of any emotions. It was slightly unsettling. The words continued to flow across the parchment…

Mr. Padfoot would like to register his astonishment that an idiot like that ever became a professor.” Harry and Ariella closed their eyes in horror. When they opened them, the map had had its last word.

Mr. Wormtail bids, Professor Snape good day, and advises him to wash his hair, the slimeball.” Harry waited for the blow to fall. He looked over at his godmother, but the look on her face told him she had no idea of the wrath that would ensue.

“So . . . ,” Severus said softly. “We’ll see about this. . . .” He strode across to his fire, seized a fistful of glittering powder from a jar on the fireplace, and threw it into the flames. Severus glared darkly at Ariella as he passed her. Ariella cringed at the look.

“Lupin!” Snape called into the fire.

“I want a word!” A large shape had appeared in it, revolving very fast. Seconds later, Remus was clambering out of the fireplace, brushing ash off his shabby robes.

“You called, Severus?” Remus said mildly. He smiled at Ariella until he noticed the look of fearful guilt that was spread across her features. He turned to Severus and noticed his features were taut with fury

“I certainly did,” Severus said as he strode back to his desk. Remus moved to stand next to Ariella.

“I have just asked Potter to empty his pockets. He was carrying this.” Severus pointed at the parchment, on which the words of Messrs. Moony, Cattail, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs were still shining. An odd, closed expression appeared on Remus’ face. Severus looked between Ariella and Remus expectantly