It's Halloween [Pt. 2]

“Happy Halloween!” Ariella exclaimed as she bounced to breakfast with a wide grin. Remus smiled at her as Severus rolled his eyes. Halloween was one of Ariella’s favorite holidays besides Christmas and St. Patrick’s Day. Out of pure festiveness, Ariella donned a pair of cat ears and whiskers. Her lion’s tail swung behind her with ease. Minerva commented on her outfit, but seemed to enjoy her appearance. Albus smiled as he ate a random candy that appeared in front of him.

“Morning, Elle. Happy Halloween,” Remus greeted cheerfully. Ariella noticed his pallid appearance.

“Remus, are you alright?”

“I’m fine, Elle. I’m just tired, that’s all,” Remus replied. Ariella nodded, knowing he didn’t want her to worry about him.   

“Alrighty. Well I feel I should warn you both. I will prank someone today. Now it may be one of you or it could be the students,” Ariella remarked as she picked up a pumpkin tart and bit into it happily. Remus shook his head at the thought as Severus frowned.

“Cross, pranks are highly…”

“You tell me not to do it, and so help me Merlin, I will prank you so hard,” Ariella warned as Remus chuckled.

“I would listen to her. Ariella has always been very serious when it comes to her pranks,” Remus commented as Albus looked down toward the blonde woman.

“Miss Ella, one of the aurors has found your wand and I feel it should be returned to you,” he announced as Ariella’s face lit up.

“Really? They found it! Great!” She exclaimed excitedly as she easily withdrew it from underneath the table. She hugged it to her chest. Severus and Remus looked at the blonde with expressions of mild relief. They both felt better knowing Ariella had her wand back.

“My pranks will be even more awesome!” She remarked as she grinned wildly. Remus sighed in defeat. Severus frowned at the implication.

“Elle, Peeves isn’t helping you is he?”

“Ariella you aren’t instigating that horrid little man are you?” Minerva quipped as she turned to look at the younger woman. Ariella shrugged as she still grinned.

“You’ll have to wait and see, now won’t you?”

**

“No Hogsmeade? Shame,” Ariella remarked as she stood beside Harry. Harry turned to her with a frown.

“Can’t you give me permission, Professor?”

“I could, but I’m not going to. It’s because I care that I’m making you miserable, I promise,” Ariella replied with a  soft smile. Remus appeared at her side.

“Don’t worry, Elle. Mr. Potter and I had a nice tea planned for today,” Remus announced as Ariella grinned.

“That’s great. See, Harry? Aren’t you always asking about your parents and their schooldays? Professor Lupin was right there in the throe of it all,” Ariella gushed. Harry’s frown lessened as he thought of all of his questions being answered. Ariella ruffled his hair before bouncing away.

“Have fun, you two!” She remarked as she disappeared down an adjacent hallway.

“Smelly Elly! Smelly Elly!” Peeves appeared from behind a portrait and bounced in front of the blonde.

“Peeves, is it set?” She asked as she smiled. The often times obnoxious ghost nodded his head. Ariella smirked.

“Wonderful. To your position, soldier!” She ordered jokingly. Peeves grinned and saluted Ariella before disappearing with a soft pop. Ariella giggled giddily.  As she turned another corner she caught sight of her first victims. A group of first and second year hufflepuffs were on their way to the lakeside and had unsuspectingly walked into Ariella’s prank trap.