Chapter 37- We Say 'I Will', Which Is The Same As 'I Do'

Annabeth

Today was the day. Where everything was going to come together, to fall into place. All the furious planning over the past few months, was finally going to be worth all the extensive time. It was baffling, how all the work I had done for every minor detail of the wedding, was all going to be showcased today. Today. Today, I was getting married.

I was so nervous, so overwhelmed, it was indescribable, so thrilling, yet so nerve-wracking. It was simply...exhilarating. I had to continously remind myself that I could not stress over anything today, it was all done, ready to go. Still, I could not help but feel as if something was going to go wrong.

I exhaled as Hazel pinned up my hair in thousands of bobby pins, finally placing my veil on as she turned to face me. She frowned at me, eyeing me with deep concern. And then she said, "Annabeth, don't worry about anything, seriously. Everything has been done, you have nothing to worry about, okay? Just relax."

"Yeah," Piper chimed in, as Rachel (Dare) and Thalia tailed along behind her, all helping me fit into my wedding attire.

"Like Hazel said, today is your day, focus on that. Everything else has been taken care of. All will go as you had planned." She grinned widely, her eyes bright with enthusiasm. Then Thalia stood in front of me too, preparing to continue the pep talk, "And you know what else? Focus on the reason you're here, what you're going to be doing. You're going to be marrying the love of your life, the one who proposed to you on the beach by camp, and the same one who has been here for you since you were twelve. Can you believe that? You're getting married to Percy Jackson." Thalia laughed and Rachel lifted her mouth in a small smile, congratulating me quietly as I was ushered over to where my makeup was to be done.

Percy

The guys cheered as I entered my old bedroom, dressed in my suit. My best men and I were all getting ready at my mother's apartment, since Annabeth and her bridesmaids were currently at our house. I was just so excited to finally see her, I just couldn't wait. I was incredibly impatient, so impatient. I was ready to marry her already.

"So, big boy, you ready for this?" Jason asked, as he handed me a glass of champagne that Grover had kindly poured.

"I'm ready." I stammered, a permanent grin stuck on my face. The boys all cheered, each being handed a glass of champagne as we all sat on my creaky, old twin bed and chatted.

"I'm so proud of you, man," Grover grinned

"And, I'm just so happy you and Annabeth are finally getting married. I mean it's about time!" Everyone chuckled.

"No, but in all seriousness," Leo said

"Leo? Speaking seriously?! No way!" Jason laughed, Leo returning him with a silly grin. Frank sat and laughed, sipping his drink quietly. I looked at him and gave him a big hug, which he returned graciously. I knew he was shy, but I wanted to make sure he was aware that he was a part of the conversation too.

"Percy!" A feminine voice shouted from outside the door. I quickly excused myself, and made my way to my eagerly awaiting mother, and Paul.

"Oh, Percy!" She gushed, her eyes dewy. Paul smiled proudly and gave my shoulder a soft squeeze, congratulating me. What a day it was going to be. I gave my parents a hug, and hustled the boy's out the door, where the wedding party vehicle was waiting. Otherwise known as, my car. The girl's had rented a limo, while we men got the best ride of all; my 1996 Corolla. Oh boy, what a treat.

Annabeth

I had arrived at the church, when I realized that I could barely feel myself breathing as I was removed from the limo by Rachel and Piper. They rushed me into the church, where I sat and waited with them while I heard guests respectively enter. It was almost time.