Chapter 13-We Say Goodbye

Chapter 13

Annabeth

The next morning, we all met up at the pier to say our farewells...except Piper. I'm not sure why, but Percy informed me that apparently Piper was just too angry to say goodbye. Leo was saying his goodbye to his best bud,Jason, with a little joke at the end, of course. Even Grover came, saying farewell to the three, wishing them the best. I could even see Percy whimpering, his eyes watering. The event was very emotional, I had become so close to Hazel that it was hard to say goodbye to a new friend. After everyone had said their goodbyes, I quickly ran to Hazel, a tear streaming down my cheek as I whispered, "We'll miss you Hazel."

Percy

I smiled as Annabeth said goodbye to Hazel, then running over to me as I wrapped her in a hug. Together, we waved goodbye to our dearest friends, the early morning sunrise reflecting off the water. The scene was simply beautiful, a Kodak moment if you will. We headed back to camp as their boat left the pier, stretching far into the distance. The summer was almost over, literally, 5 days left! I still had to find a college, or go back to high school since I missed a year, what was I gonna do with my life? All I knew was I'd figure it out, especially with Annabeth with me. I wonder if she already knew where she was going...

Annabeth

"Hey Wise Girl" Percy said

"Hey Seaweed Brain, what's up?"

"I wanted to ask you if you already...had plans for the fall, like, school wise."

"Oh," I said

"Well, Percy, I actually do. See I'm going to Cornell in Ithaca, New York. They have an amazing architectural program and I plan on going there next week." I looked at him, with as much joy as I could, but I really was sad to leave my Seaweed Brain.

"Oh," he stammered

"Well, at least you'll still be in New York! A lot farther than I'd thought but...still New York."

I felt like crying. Sure I was excited about going to college, but I could already tell Percy had no idea where he'd be going, he hadn't had time to think. And could I blame him? He'd spent the last couple of years fighting monsters and saving the world, I had to give him credit for that.

"Here," I said

"Come to my cabin, let's go online and see if we can find you a college perfect for you. We'll find out what course you want to take and we'lll get you an application. With luck, you'll be able to get started in the winter, even late fall if we can make it." I smiled, taking him by the arm and guiding him to Athena's cabin.

"Okay," he said

"Let's look for a course in marine biology."