Chapter 38- Our Wedding Reception

Percy

"And now, it's time to congratulate the newlyweds, Percy and Annabeth!"

Everyone cheered as their glasses ascended into the air, their eyes focused on Annabeth and I as we too rose our champagne-filled glasses and cheered. I smiled, and turned my head to Annabeth, grasping her hand in mine. She turned her attention away from our one hundred guests and smiled at me. Then, she leaned in and kissed me on the lips, her smile still remaining. Kiss after kiss, it felt like a dream.

My eyes immediately closed as I came in contact with her skin, her eyelashes brushing along my cheek. My heart began to beat irregularly, as my face heated up from her touch. I could hear a sound of applause, as well as some comedic laughter. I was too lost in her smell to pay much attention. Annabeth then retracted from our kiss, and smiled at me. We sat back down in our seats, grinning ear to ear.

We had finished our meal courses, and it was now time to dance. Grover ran up to the microphone in the corner of the reception hall, and said, "Attention guests of Percy and Annabeth, we'd now like to invite the bride and groom to make their way onto the dance floor for their very first dance!"

The crowd applauded as Annabeth and I rose from our seats and made our way to the dance floor.

Annabeth

Our guests continued to cheer as we arrived on the wooden dance floor, moving into position for our first dance. Percy lay his right hand on my waist, as I wove my hands around his neck. I looked into his bright eyes as the music began to play.

Wise men say, only fools rush in,

But I can't help falling in love with you.

We began our slow steps, turning in dfferent directions as the song flowed smoothly with our movements.

Percy and I paid no attention to what was around us; all I could see was him. He stared deeply into me, as I did to him. His bright, green eyes shone with their endless glow. His dark hair was pulled back, but had loose strands that fell out onto his face. Percy's hair could never stay put; it was constantly unpredictable, I liked it that way. His face looked gentle and relaxed; no worry could be seen on his face. His lips dove into a wide smile as we continued to dance.

Percy

Shall I stay? Would it be a sin?

If I can't help falling in love with you.

I couldn't care less if I looked like I was practically folk dancing as I tried to imitate Annabeth's graceful steps, all I could think about was her. We had known each other for much of our adolescent lives, and here I was, married to her.

We had both changed so much, and I could not stop admiring her. Her aura, her character, her morals, her aspirations. She is funny, but not rude. She is kind but not naive. She is beautiful but not arrogant. She loves but does not ask for anything in return. She is strong and brave; wise and powerful. She is Annabeth, and I love her.

Like a river flows, surely to the sea,

Darling so it goes, some things are meant to be.

We are meant to be.

Annabeth

Take my hand, take my whole life too.

For I can't help, falling in love with you.

I have never felt so carefree, and content. I am here, solely alone, in this moment, with the one I love. He is my whole entire world, my life. We are individuals, but we are now one. We are independent, but we are also dependant on each other. I gave him my hand, and my entire life too. For I, can't help, falling in love with him.

Like a river flows, surely to the sea. Darling so it goes, some things are meant to be.

We are meant to be.

Percy

The moment is indescribable, unreal. We share so much intimacy, just by holding each other and moving to the soothing sounds of the music. Nothing can compare to this experience between Annabeth and I, in a room of a hundred others, but we only feel, hear, and see each other. No interruptions between our beating hearts and our heated bodies. Love is real here.

Take my hand, take my whole life too.

For I can't help falling in love with you.

I reach out my hand in front of me, asking for her to take my hand. She removes her arms from around my neck and overlaps her hand with mine. Her other arm now lays on my shoulder, as our hands embrace during the last few moments of our song.

"I couldn't help falling in love with you."

"Nor could I." She rests her head on my shoulder, and I kiss her forehead.

For I can't help falling in love with you.

Author's Note

Hey! I hope you enjoyed. but stay tuned, because there is still some more exciting moments that will occur at Percy and Annabeth's wedding reception! I'm hinting at some Leo action on the dance floor, and maybe even a dance-off? ;) I wanted to add it all into one chapter but I could not intrude on the beautiful, sentimental and very cheesy Percabeth going on in this chapter!

Percy and Annabeth's wedding song is called, "Can't Help Falling in Love" and is originally by Elvis Presley, however, I love Ingrid Michaelson's version, which I have available for you to listen to on mobile and online! Hope you enjoyed, please let me know what you think!

-Elisa Marie