Chapter 2-Time to Make a Plan

Chapter 2

The days seemed to be never-ending in Tartarus. Daylight was non-existent, which meant we were sleeping and eating on our own schedule, without any idea what time of day it was in the outside world.

After a few minutes of coaxing Percy to get up, he acquiesced. Together, we tried to think of a plan to get out of this Death Hole and find our way to the the Doors of Death.

As we walked and wandered, Percy noticed that there was a pathway through the diminished bodies of monsters that he predicted might lead us to the Doors.

Sometimes I think he doesn't realize how smart he is.

We had walked non-stop for approximately three hours, my guess. Eventually, we grew exhausted, and decided to take a rest. As we collected our bearings, I observed the tarnished bodies, bubbling and pulsating. It was fascinating to see how the monsters grew in Tartarus. They lay wrapped in goo, very much like a cocoon, and they don't pry themselves out until they're fully grown and ready to be sent back to Earth. Thankfully, we didn't meet any monsters on our walk, for which I was extremely grateful. It wouldn't have been much of a good battle anyway.

"I wish we had some food, I'm starving," Percy said.

"You're always starving," I giggled, "unfortunately I was unprepared for this so I didn't bring any food. Sorry."

"That's okay, I know of some other things we can do while we're rejuvenating our energy." Percy grinned, creeping closer to me.

"Oh really?" I said, unconvinced.

And with that, he grasped me by the elbows and took me into his embrace, his body warm and comforting, reminding me that I didn't have to face this alone. If we weren't in Tartarus, I would've bet that this was our most affectionate kiss of all time, apart from our underwater kiss, that is.