Chapter 41-Nervous Plane Rides, Succumb to Dangerous Nightmares

Annabeth

  Only a few short minutes ago, Percy and I boarded a plane at Terminal 3 in the John F. Kennedy airport, and since then, I had been bombarding him with questions. He hadn't told me anything about our secret honeymoon destination, and I was getting irritated. Percy had been avoiding answering me throughout the entire day; he steered me away from any airport signs that indicated where we were going. He wouldn't let me see the airplane tickets, and made sure I didn't hear anything about the destination, no matter how hard I tried. I guess he's smarter than he seems.

 "Percy, tell me where we're going, right now." I demanded, pouting like a little child as he simply looked at me and smirked, annoyingly. I blew a sigh.

 "Tell me where we're going or I promise you-" I began, while a young flight attendant made their way to our seats.

 "Excuse me, is everything all right?" The petite woman asked, analyzing our recently-fastened seatbelts and carry-ons, stowed beneath our seats. She nodded approvingly.

 "Yes, thank you, I was just wondering how long is this flight to...?" I asked cleverly, waiting for her answer. Percy looked at me, shocked, realizing what information I was trying to gain. I smirked at him.

 "The flight to Florence will be approximately ten hours and forty-five minutes. Any other concerns, ma'am?" 

 I smiled gratefully, "No, thank you very much."

 She responded, "Have a wonderful flight." The attendant then strode off down the walkway, checking up on our fellow passengers. Percy tapped my arm and looked at me, dissapointedly, and I couldn't help but laugh.

 "This is why you don't keep secrets from Annabeth Chase." I said to him, expecting him to respond.

 He shook his head, "You always find a way of outsmarting me, Annabeth Chase-Jackson." 

 I groaned, "What a horrible last name, please, must we make it a double surname?"

 "Why, should I call you Annabeth Jackson instead?" He smiled.

 "Ugh," I groaned.

 "I'm conflicted between my feministic attitude and my wish to be considered legally yours, although you don't own me, just so you're aware." I looked at him accusingly, and he laughed.

 "Yikes, sorry, we can figure that out when we get back if it's such a big deal to you." 

 "I don't know how we got into this discussion. Don't worry, I'm not accusing you of anything predominating, just wanted to make sure you're mindful of the fact that I am still my own individual. You're my partner, but you don't control me or my views. Got it?"

 Percy looked confused, "I'm a feminist too!" 

 I laughed, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek, his face reddening. I decided to change the subject.

 "So, Florence, huh?"

 Percy looked at me worriedly, "You don't want to go to Flor-"

 "Percy," I interrrupted, "Of course I want to go to Florence! I'm so excited! Florence is known for their renaissance art and history, how could I not be thrilled? It's beautiful there!" 

 Percy's tensed face relaxed, and he smiled at me, "We're not only going to Florence."

 My eyes widened. I looked at him, astonished, then questioningly. 

 "Percy...?"

 His mouth curved into a small grin, and he laughed as I lightly punched him in the arm.