Chapter 18-Graduation and a Nightmare

Annabeth

 Finally, I thought. Graduation. I packed my luggage and things, heading out of the dorm, making a surprise visit. Tris and I were going to California.

 Percy

 I woke up to the sound of snoring. I looked to find Toby snoring loudly, with a girl. Great.

I took a shower, grabbed some clothes and headed to the kitchen. Grabbing a granola bar, chugging some juice, I went out. Today was my graduation and I'd reached top honours! I was so happy! I called my mom yesterday and her and Paul couldn't be happier. The two said they were going to try and fly out for today, but it was difficult since Paul still had to teach for another week. I also tried calling Annabeth yesterday to tell her the news, and although she answered, she wasn't wholeheartedly excited.

She might've been tired? I don't know...

 Annabeth

 Tris and I had finally arrived! I was so excited. Beatrice headed to our hotel room, checking in. We had been saving up for a vacation together to celebrate getting top honours in our class, as well as just graduating! It also worked because I'd be able to visit Percy too while on vacation, getting to celebrate and see him graduate! It was perfect, and Tris agreed. I found the address of Percy's dorm, knocking with utter excitement and anticipation. Percy opened the door as he gasped, and I smiled. "Annabeth!" he yelled, making other students complain from their rooms. I smiled as he brought me into a hug. "Come in." he said. "Sorry about the mess, my room-"

 "Eh, Percy! Who's this sexy blondie?! She ain't your girlfriend, is she?" the guy, assuming it was Percy's roommate, chuckled, winking at me. I looked at him in disgust, my hands on my hips. "Toby," Percy began "This is Annabeth." I waved carelessly. As I walked by Toby with Percy, he slapped me in the butt, "Why don't you join me with my friend, Anna? I'd love it if you joined me on the couch, share a few drinks, have a good time, whatever you want." he smiled, licking his lips. He was pretty hot. He had some seriously beautiful blond hair and handsome blue eyes, but he was a jerk . " Don't touch her like that!" Percy yelled, taking me by the waist, protecting me from Toby. Toby raised his hands in surrender, his beer bottle in his hand, as he winked at me. Suddenly, a girl in a two-piece lingerie (what the heck?) came out of the bathroom, "What's wrong Toby?" She sat down on his lap, his hand moving to her butt. I rolled my eyes. This poor girl was being used by this jerk. I hate people like that. This girl didn't seem very bright, so I could already see what kind of girls Toby used. Too bad he thought I was stupid, I was way smarter than what he'd expect from a blonde girl.

The girl looked at me, a look of hatred on her face. Maybe she was somewhat smart, realizing that Toby had been hitting on me, although she probably thought that she was Toby's only girl. I hated to say it, but I was pretty sure Toby had a lot more "sex slaves" than her.

 Thankful we were able to get out of the dorm, Percy and I set out for lunch, meeting Tris there too. I didn't expect for our meeting with Toby to take this long, I was planning on going back to the hotel and going with Tris. Instead, I called her, letting her know where to meet us. "I'm sorry about Toby," Percy said

"He's just a big loaf who hits on every pretty girl he sees, usually the less intelligent ones. I really hate him so I'm glad I finally get to get out of a room with that douche, I'm sorry he tried to bother you." Percy looked really sad when he talked about Toby hitting on me, I guess he thought he could do more to protect me? I thought what he did was really sweet and I made sure to tell him that. He smiled after, giving me a kiss on the cheek just as Tris arrived to join us. "So," she began "Why did you have to call me?" she asked. So I then explained to her about how we couldn't get out of a conversation with Percy's jerk roommate, how he was trying to hit on me, and how in the end, we didn't have time to pick her up cause' of Toby. Tris nodded, saying, "What a doofus that guy is!" I laughed at Tris' choice of words. She doesn't swear so she uses the most abnormal, old-fashioned phrases I've heard in my entire life!

 After lunch, we headed back to the hotel to get ready for Percy's graduation ceremony. Tris was simply ecstatic, which I thought was sweet since she agreed on going on a trip, only spending a few days, then taking a day to celebrate my boyfriends graduation. That's definitely some serious friendship.

 Percy

 I headed back to my dorm to get ready, I sighed at the mess of chips and beer, the two drunk girls talking to Toby and his buddies, but I felt happier once I got into my room, put on my suit and tie, fixed my hair and just kept telling myself, it was almost over, I'd be outta this dorm for the rest of my life. I'd be with Annabeth, I'd be in New York where my friends and family were. I'd have a job, a profession, ambitions, goals, a life outside of school, a home. Maybe, even married to Annabeth. I smiled at the thought of Annabeth, walking down the aisle on her wedding day, smiling at me. Suddenly, my brain turned fuzzy.

 Annabeth was again walking down the aisle, looking beautiful...smiling at me...no,no...wait...she was smiling at...Luke. Anger enveloped me. Luke?! He was dead! But then it changed again. Annabeth...walking down the aisle...suddenly, a burst of flame....Gaea's bellowing laugh....Annabeth....dead. And then it was black.

--------

Author's Note

Disclaimer: I have nothing against blondes, when Annabeth states that Toby thinks she's a dumb blonde, it's simply because he's stereotypical and thinks that she'd be dumb. He also likes blondes because...well...he thinks their fun and hot. Anyway, he's just a character.

 What do you think happened to Percy? Comment!

-Elisa Marie