Petrova

Flahback

I skip giddily, my feet swallowed by the muddy grounds of the Lockwood gardens, the wet floor welcome, a change from the usual dry weather. My three quarter knee length leggings splatter with the odd smudges of dirt, brown on pink as my boots turn to a different colour completely, little giggles escaping my throat.

"Evie-"My brother whines, standing behind me with his arms folded across his chest, trying to be intimidating. "You're hogging all of the mud." he says, his tone mardy as he glares at me, his eyebrows drawn together.

I shrug, continuing to bounce up and down with bursting energy.

"Evie Amethyst Lockwood!" A voice screams, the sound ear piercing, no matter the distance. Instantly, the sound registers in Tyler's mind, just as it does mine as we both stare up at the house, deer caught in headlights.

"What have you done to your beautiful clothes?" My mother asks me, her voice horrified as she stares down at me. I shrug, smirking as Tyler face palms at my bravery, well- he refers to it as stupidity. My Mother peers down at me, horrified.

Roughly, she grabs my upper arm, dragging me along with her towards the mansion.

"It was only a bit of fun." I mutter defiantly.

It was only a bit of fun... A feeling that I, Evie Amethyst Lockwood, struggle to live without. The feeling of adrenaline coursing through my bloodstream as I look stupidity and recklessness is just a feeling that I would perish without. A hint as to why I am so, sour right now. The smallest act of defiance is enough. Without it, I am not me.

I sigh, my terrible act of rebellion being the throwing of a tennis ball against a rich ceiling. Has life really come to this?

With a huff, I throw the tennis ball aside, coincidentally out of the window, hoping it hit some obnoxious bumhole around the nogging.

I groan, forcing myself out the sweet sanctuary of my bedroom, trudging heavy footed down the stairs, where the sound of a pained vampire fills my ears.

"You're six ways to dead if you don't get Klaus' blood in you."

"You're gonna keep your mouth shut about this, and You're gonna shut yours, period." The sound of Marcel Gerard's voice snaps gruffly. I smirk, deciding for myself that it's high time I deserve a bit of fun.

"And who's this lovely woman?" I ask, skipping my way into the compound, an over amused smile dressing my face as I stare at the trio, Josh shaking his head in exasperation. The woman purses her lips as she gives me a once over.

"Gia." She states, raising an eyebrow at me.

I nod in understanding, heading towards the compound gates, " I've always wanted to meet a power ranger." I mutter to myself, very randomly for that matter, closing the gates behind me.

I deserve a bit of fun...

_______________________________________________________________________________

I send a quick text to Klaus, informing him that I'll be out of town for a few days, in serious need of a wind down, my silver jeep speeding past the New Orleans sign, the air blowing in my face welcomed gratefully.

I sigh, readying myself for the 28 hour drive.

Desperate for food, the feeling birthed from boredom, I pull into a small roadside diner, the smell of beer hitting my nose instantly before I have even opened the door.With a sigh, I shrug into a booth, keeping to myself until a familiar looking woman slides in before me...

___________________________________________________________________________

I sing along to the hit single from the radio, my hands up in the air as some Nadia girl drives, a grin resting upon her face as her brown hair blows behind her, the wind helping her to look majestic... Better than anything that anyone else could have pulled off.

The only sounds heard is the sound of our laughter, terrible singing and Shawn Mendes, flooding the surprisingly peaceful streets of Los Angeles. She grins widely at me, crawling out of the jeep as she pulls it to a stop, no one but ourselves around as I stumble drunkenly... I know hybrids can't get drunk... But clearly I've broken the rules of nature. Who cares? No one ever reads the rules and regulations.

"What is it?" She asks as I try to sober up, failing miserably. I giggle, as if I find the conversation hilarious. She laughs with me, her eyes darkening as she strides closer towards me, her arms reaching out for my shoulders as my body forces me to step backwards.

"What are you doing?"I ask, confused, though it dies away as she thrusts my head back into the wall, my will to stay awake diminishing with the pain...