Bonds

Disappointment was the only thing that I felt when Elijah told me that I still have to go to school

Currently, everyone is preparing for some barbecue, which makes me Caroline's newest slave.

"How are you feeling?" Caroline asks as Tyler wraps his arm around my shoulder.

"I'm okay. I'm sore, every muscle aches." He replies, sighing as he tucks a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

"You did it. You know, you...your first full moon and you didn't hurt anyone. It'll get easier. You'll get better at it, you'll learn to control it and it won't hurt so much."

I sigh, feeling this conversation needs my input," Caroline, that's not how it works, the pain becomes bearable but nothing gets easier."

"small victories, Tyler. Last night was a victory. You know, let's take it." Caroline says, wincing at the serious look on my face.

"Look, I really want to thank you. I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't been there." Tyler says, although I know that he's just being polite, Caroline didn't make a single difference, she smiles at him.

"Yeah, anyway, uh...next month we should probably reinforce the wall because you almost got me that one time and it just would have been, um..." Caroline says, causing the situation to grow awkward.

"Yeah, I'm gonna go now so..." Tyler moves his hands so that they wind around my waist, holding me still in my place.

"What?" Tyler asks her, as I squirm in his hold.

"Never mind, it's.." But Tyler interrupts her.

"Wait, no, wait. What is it?" I feel Tyler's hold on me get tighter.

"Well, it's not a big thing, it's just that one bite and it's...you know, curtains for me," Caroline says, laughing awkwardly.

"What are you talking about?" Tyler asks her.

"The legend says that a bite from a werewolf can kill a vampire." I finish for her, she smiles at me gratefully.

"How do you know that?" He asks, looking down at me.

"Mason," I sigh, as my eyes begin to water, he squeezes me comfortingly.

________________________________________________

As I'm walking back to the Lockwood mansion, where I so kindly offered a room to Elijah for a while, I decided to make a stop at Mason's trailer to look through his journals that Tyler was telling me about.

The walk there is peaceful, refreshing compared to the usual chaos filled life that I have the misfortune of leading. As I catch Mason's scent coming from his trailer, I increase my pace to a jog, until I reach his trailer. The familiar smell of vervain is coming from it, which is understandable, giving how paranoid Mason was about the vampires. I give the door a good tug, pulling it open, surprised that no one has been in here since he died, not even Jules. I shrug my shoulders as I pull out a bottle of bourbon and a glass, setting them down on the small table.

I walk around, raiding everything I can get my hands on until I find the journals that Tyler was telling me about, finding exactly 6 under Mason's bed.

I take them into the dining room, sitting down at the table with my drink.

I read, and read, and read, the majority of it is boring stuff that I already know until one specific page stands out... The one about scents.

When two werewolves share the same scent, they are destined to love each other, mates. The connection will spark when they see each other, but they will both only understand it when no magic is involved to change the conditions/circumstances.

The page says, as I am about to read on, I am disturbed by Michael Jackson.

My ring tone blurts and vibrates in my pocket, causing me to release an exasperated sigh. I pull out my phone from my pocket, holding it up to my ear, not bothering to check the caller ID.

"Evie?" The voice asks, sounding worried.

"Elijah?"I ask.

"Are you alright?" He asks, his words tumbling together. "You're late."

"Right, I'm sorry," I reply, "I tuck a quick detour...