The grill

I sit at home, my actual home with Hayley since Klaus is in Italy, retrieving some sword

I sit at home, my actual home with Hayley since Klaus is in Italy, retrieving some sword. We talk for a while until she has to leave to go meet some Professor Shane guy.

I sigh, running downstairs to grab my phone as I hear it's familiar sound.

I turn it on, checking the caller ID to see Jeremy's name pop up, I frown in confusion.

"Jer?"I ask.

"Guess again?" The voice says as a frown etches its way onto my forehead.

"Who is this?" I ask as I try to match the voice to a face.

"We met yesterday" Oh- the hunter guy, he continues," So, I have your friends, you should come and get them, we're at the grill, you should hurry before I kill them." I sigh as the hunter hangs up. Quickly, I grab a coat, sliding a gun that I stole from Alaric some time ago into the pocket.

__________________________________________________________

I hurry into the grill, hearing the sound of crying as tears rush down April's face.

"He's clearly delusional. I mean, right? All this – all this talk about vampires, but I mean, he mentioned my dad." She says as Matt pulls her into a hug.

"Ah, Evie Lockwood, or is it Mikaelson now?" He asks as he notices my presence. Both Matt and Jeremy send me confused looks while April continues to cry.

" You said we had a conversation yesterday." Jeremy says to the hunter as he grabs my arm, pushing me into Jeremy's arms on the floor.

"mmmhmmm" The hunter hums.

"About what?" Jeremy asks, holding me to him protectively.

"We'll get into that. First, take a look at my handy work. Pick up some tips from the hunter's trade." The hunter replies as I place a hand on the gun in my pocket, discreetly pulling it out.

" What is all that?" Jeremy asks him, curiously.

"The fluid is derived from werewolf toxin. Trip the wire, bomb goes off, nails deliver a lethal dose into the bloodstream."I hold the gun up at Connor as he turns to look at me in disbelief.

"Go on, shoot me, your husband won't be very happy that you've killed his map." Connor says, smirking at me as Jeremy and Matt stare at me, confused again.

"He'll get over it." I say, pressing the trigger. I press it again but still, nothing happens.

"You have got to be kidding me." I mutter, checking to find no bullets in it... No wonder Alaric left it lying around.

The hunter continues to setup his trap as both boys stare at me.

"Explain." Matt says as I try to shrink into Jeremy's shoulder.

_________________________________________________________________________________

The phone rings as Connor walks over to it, picking it up. Jeremy holds my hand up to his face, examining the ring sitting on my finger, shaking his head in confusion.

"I still don't see what you see in him." He says as I smirk.

"And you're going to have to explain that mates thing to me again later." He smirks, pecking m cheek.

"That's a weak move. You must be desperate"Connor says, scoffing over the phone. I pull out my phone as Jeremy blocks me, making sure that Connor does not see it.

"Hello?" I ask, answering it.

"Where are you?"He asks, disregarding my greeting.

"At the grill." I say, telling him the truth.

"Who's there with you?" He asks, growing annoyed but the concern is clear in his voice.

"Matt, Jeremy and April." I reply, ignoring the hunter in the back ground.

"Who else?" He asks, resulting in my sigh.

"Connor." I say, quietly as I hear him take in a deep breath, I quickly rush out.

"i love you too, bye?" Hastily, I hang up on him, resting my head on Jeremy's shoulder.

"When I was a kid, my dad used to tell me these scary stories about vampires." April says, quietly. I smirk at her.

"When I was a kid, my Dad used to tell me and Ty to stay out of his alcohol supply." Matt rolls his eyes playfully, remembering my Dad very clearly.

___________________________________________________________________________

"You may be a potential hunter, but if you make one move, I'll break all twenty seven bones in your hand." Connor says, turning to look at Jeremy.

"You may be my husbands map, but if you threaten Jeremy again, I'm gonna chop your dick off," I threaten in return for Jeremy's sake.

"They're not all bad, you know. Some of them, they're my friends."Jeremy says, clearly speaking about vampires.

"Your friends, huh? Yeah, I had a friend like that once. She got turned by this vampire I was hunting. He thought it would be ironic" Connor says, his voice void of emotion.

"Let me guess, she killed people so you killed her." He nods, pursing his lips.

"We've got company" Connor says, turning the lights off and increasing the music volume.

A hybrid opens the front door and carefully looks at the doorway. He looks down and sees a tripwire. He looks to the side and sees a loaded bomb. He carefully steps over the wire and onto the mat. A light goes off under the mat and the bomb is activated. He closes the door obliviously behind him. When he lifts his foot from the mat the bomb goes off. The hybrid goes flying through the air due to the force of the explosion.

" Connor, you don't have to do this!" Stefan says, joining the 'fun'.

"Stefan!" Jeremy exclaims, standing up with me in his arms.

Jeremy stands completely still as the bombs are right next to him and he's standing on the pressure-sensitive mat that triggers them.

"Oh shit."I say, looking down.

____________________________________________________________________

Some time later, I sit next to Jeremy on a bench in the town square, waiting with him for Matt and April to arrive.

" You know what, it's okay, I, uh, I need to get home anyways. I'm feeling a little over it today. Evie too, she's staying the night." Jeremy says, rejecting April's coffee offer.

"I should probably get home too." Matt says as Jeremy puts his arm around my shoulder.

"Oh. All right, then." Jeremy starts to walk away with me before dropping his vervain bracelet on the ground.

"Hey, April!" Jeremy says, "Did you drop this?" I stare at him curiously.

"Oh, that's not mine." April says but Jeremy remains persistent.

"You sure? Hey, let me see your wrist." April reaches her hand out to Jeremy as he ties it around her wrist.

" I like it. It looks good on you. You should wear it."Jeremy says, April nods, walking off.

"Are you OK?"Matt asks him.

"I'm just sick of all the secrets, you know." Jeremy replies, voicing my thoughts.

"You and me both kiddo."I reply, walking away from Matt with him, he smiles.

"So, marriage huh?" He asks me, grinning playfully. I smirk