Miss Mystic Falls

I bet you can't guess what I'm doing. If you guessed hiding from Caroline, then 5 achievement points to you. I sit, in my own house as a party is being prepared.I swear, there's a new party every week...

"Hiding from Caroline, I assume." A voice says, coming up behind me. Dramatically, I bring my hand up to my chest, clutching my heart.

"Don't do that to me Nik, dam, you could have given me a heart attack." He chuckles lightly, hoisting me up from the ground where I hide behind a bush.

"Is this really the best hiding place you could find? I thought I taught you better than that love." I smile at him, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Well," I pause, looking around at the ground," Where there's mud, you won't find Caroline." he smiles sweetly, pecking my nose and vamp speeding off.

"Evie! I see you!" She screeches.

"Bitch." I mutter under my breath, Klaus got me caught...

____________________________________________________

"Blue." Caroline and Elena say in sync as I scowl at both options. Dresses, not my cup of tea.

" Really? The blue seems a little safe." April says, scanning both dresses carefully.

"April." I pause, smiling," You could wear sweats and a tank top and still kick everyone else's ass." She smiles at me, knowing she has my support.

" Safe is good when it comes to the judges." Elena states incorrectly.

"Yes, but danger stands out." I add on, April smirks at me.

" Elena's right. Gracie Lockwood had a three-foot slit her year and practically got laughed off the court". Caroline adds, Elena chuckles as April looks alarmed.

"She's over exaggerating." I promise her.

" She got my vote." Damon says... perv.

"Get out lurker." Caroline yells exasperatedly.

" Where's Professor Shane?" Damon asks, skipping the small talk.

" Check the judges' table." Caroline snaps. April begins to look uncomfortable, staring at Caroline and Damon as they smirk, I give her a comforting smile, one that she returns gratefully.

" Red one, definitely." Damon says to April, taking my side, I grin at him happily.

" We've already agreed that the red one is a little bit too showy." Caroline snaps, standing in the middle of the room, coincidentally between Elena and Damon. Childishly, I stick my hand up in the air.

"Evie didn't agree." I speak in third person, causing Caroline to scowl at me.

" It's a pageant. That's the whole point." Damon says, in a duh tone. I love it when you hear duh tones, it's like the border line between nice and mean, the exact position that I usually sit."

" Did you win Miss Mystic last year? No. I don't think you did." Caroline sasses. After a bit more argument, to which I add my fair share of sarcastic, witty comments, Damon turns to leave the room.

"See ya Eve." He winks, addressing me as if I were his team mate, I wink back. Elena turns to look at me with jealousy stained across her face.

"What?" I ask, raising my hands in defence. She gives me an accusing, 'you know what' stare.

"If you think I'm going to steal one of your Salvatore's, don't worried, I'm already married." I shrug, watching their eyes widen to the size of Damon's ego.

"What?" I ask, confused before realising my mistake,"Oh sugar."

"Explain..." They both demand at the same time, I gulp.

____________________________________________________________________________

I smile, leaning my head against Klaus's shoulder with his arm snaked around my waste... I have also, for your information, been forced to wear a dress.

" They didn't waste any time, did they?" Klaus says, pointing to Hayley and Tyler who walk along the lawn, hand in hand.

"Mmmm," I hum, not turning away from Klaus as he smiles back down at me, I don't turn away from him until the voice of Caroline is heard, introducing the contestants.

" Hi, everyone, I'm Caroline Forbes." Caroline begins, waving at the crowd. " As the reigning Miss Mystic Falls, it is my honour to introduce this year's Miss Mystic Court."She smiles confidently.

Everyone claps as I tune out, waiting for April's name.

" And finally, we have a last minute entry, April Young accompanied by Jeremy Gilbert." She announces. Smiling, I stick two fingers to the front of my mouth and whistle loudly, April's eyes scans the crowd and as she makes eye contact with me, she smiles more confidently than before.

Before April reaches the stage, she stops, looking around for Jeremy as Matt kindly takes his place.

The girls and their escorts begin to dance as I turn my attention back to Klaus.

"What?" I ask him as he stares at me intently.

He smiles, shaking his head, "Your just so cute." I blush, burying my head into his shoulder.

_______________________________________________________________

..................

S.E