Evie

A thousand or so years ago, the werewolf came about

A thousand or so years ago, the werewolf came about. Lord knows how or why- it was probably a witch, to be honest... But the point of this isn't to marvel werewolf history. Well, anyway. The werewolf came about, and with it came many cons. There's the whole losing control thing and bones snapping every month, but it's bearable.

But as well as the cons, there are also many perks. Take the super strength for example or the quicker reflexes. And then there are other ones such as matehood. However, only one in six werewolves find their mates because not all werewolves ever shift. Or something stupid like that...

Since the day I was born I've never really been too lucky, so it's safe to assume I'll be one of the five that don't. But, until the day that I may or may not meet the man for me, or learn more about a certain entity within me- I have other things to worry about. Such as manners, boys, vampires and annoying ass twin brothers.

"Tyler Lockwood! Get your ass down here now!"I yell, my business head on. Next to me, I hear my Mother sigh, shaking her head.

"It's not very ladylike to shout, Evie."

According to my Mother, a lot of things aren't ladylike. It's not ladylike to drink alcohol unless it's champagne, it's not ladylike to cry, to shout, to raise your voice, or, basically, relax. I wonder what she'd say if she knew that every full moon I turn into a clawed beast that lacks self-control.

"I'm sorry, Mother," I mutter, not in the mood to argue. "Tell Tyler I'm going out," I say, before grabbing a coat and leaving.

You're probably wondering who I am... Or maybe you're not as I'm a tad irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. But anyway, my name is Evie Amethyst Lockwood, I'm 17 and the twin sister of Tyler Lockwood. I have long, brown hair that cascades down my back and big blue eyes, oh yeah, I'm also a werewolf. One more thing. My Mum has no idea.

Yeah, she knows about vampires and witches because Damon doesn't know how to keep his huge gob shut, but that's about it. Oh, and I know that my Mother has been slipping vervain into my drinks, meaning she only knows half the story.

"Evie Lockwood, just the wolf I was hoping to run into," says the ever-present voice of Damon Salvatore.

"What do you want Damon?" I ask rudely as I continue walking down the street. He fakes a hurt look, clutching his chest dramatically. "Is that an appropriate way to greet your favourite vampire?" I sigh, following him into the grill.

"Now why aren't you at school?" He asks, playfully putting his arm around my shoulder.

I swallow, rubbing my hands together nervously.

"I may or may not be avoiding Caroline... and my Mum." He smirks, compelling the bartender to get him a Bourbon.

"That wouldn't have anything to do with the masked ball at your house tonight, would it?" he asks, rather states, whilst smirking. I gulp, all the while glaring at him.