-Chapter 29-

Hey hey! Party time :P Sorry for posting so late, my family is visiting and I have trouble being on the computer with enough time to post, but here you go ^^

Love yo faces :P

____________________________________________

Chapter 29

I slipped the ring on my finger and I was ready.

"Wow, Mione, you look gorgeous!" Ginny gasped as I joined her in the common room.

I smile thankfully and returned the compliment. She did look stunning in her light peach colored dress that had just a slight puff in the skirt, a silver belt with a few peach feathers right underneath her chest and a low neckline that wasn't too low to look distasteful. She had an updo with brads on the sides and a few small yellow flowers were placed in her hair.

For me, kept things a little more simple, having so much more than a ball on my mind. I wore a one shoulder deep purple dress with silver bedding around the neckline and an opening on the side going all the way up to my tight. I wore matching high heels and left my hair down - though I did smoothen it out a bit.

We were supposed to meet Harry and Ron in the Entrance Hall of the castle in 5 minutes. There, I was surprised to see how many people that were no longer at school that was present. McGonagall must have invited everyone who fought exactly one year ago. But that wasn't what shocked me the most. The wall surrounding the double doors of the Great Hall was completely covered in names that had been engraved into the stone. Names of those - Muggle and Wizard - that perished while Voldemort was back in power. It was beautiful, but troubling at the same time to see so many people had lost their lives, there were so many of them.

My eyes only detached from the wall when Ron kiss me on the cheek.

'You look absolutely beautiful... as usual," he smiled.

I felt uneasy next to him, like he was a stranger almost. Knowing what I had done, I didn't deserve his kindness, but I forced myself to smile and he placed a hand on my waist to lead me inside. From the corner of my eye, I noticed Harry throwing me a look and my cheeks went bright with shame.

"So... You still aren't telling him?" he asked as I read the names on the wall, not daring to look at him.

Dinner went by rather well as I did speak a word. Now everyone was on the dance floor and feeling overwhelmed by John's gaze while I had Ron's arms around me made me need some air, so I went out to the Entrance Hall. Harry quickly followed.

"Of course not. The moment I tell him the truth, we're done. I can't do that."

"Fine, but you'll have to tell him one day... maybe like 50 years from now when you guys are old and have 10 kids," he shrugged. "But tell me, do you think that you'll be happy with Ron 50 years from now, Mione?"

"What are you saying? You're talking as if you think I should break up with him now!" I replied, frowning.

"Maybe I am."

"But... but Harry, you know that if we do, the trio will be over, right? I couldn't possibly stay friends with him. He wouldn't want to stay friends with me if I told him the truth!"

"Maybe because we aren't kids anymore and staying with someone because you don't want to lose all your other friends is silly. Hermione, no matter what, you'll always have me. And Ron. Maybe not right now, maybe not in a few months, maybe not for a year or two, but Ron will come around eventually," he explained calmly.

I had to admit, he made it easy to see things his way. For such a smart girl, I was rather silly to think I'd lose him forever... but was I changing my mind on leaving him?

"I slept with John," I suddenly admitted after a long silence.

"For what it's worth, I talked to him a little earlier - without knowing who he was a first. He's a nice bloke," he nodded. "I gotta go back in, I told Ginny I was getting punch."

He opened the large door, letting the music fill the hall. I breathed out a long sigh and walked back into the party as well.