-Chapter 8-

Chapter 8

I sat by the window, having finished the last of my work. The sun was lowering the sky quickly and I felt a cold November breeze sneak its way through cracks in the walls. A chill went down my spine as I watched the first snowflakes swirl in the wind.

Suddenly, I noticed a figure in the air coming closer. It was just a small dote at first, but as it approached, it became bigger and I could tell with was an owl. My heart jumped in my chest when I saw it held a letter in his beck. It landed on the ledge of the window and I opened it, letting a the cold wind fill the common room, causing me to get a couple of dirty looks from others. I quickly let the owl in and closed the window.

I took the letter from it and turned it over to see my name on it. Getting more excited, I opened the letter.

Miss Granger,

I was hoping I could ask you a few questions over tea tomorrow around 3pm. Please answer quickly, Franky hates the cold.

Professor Smith

A wave of disappointment made me frown, but I realized that tea with Smith sounded lovely. Sure he was odd, but during the last few months... he had somehow made his way as to being my favorite teacher. Yes, I still felt watched by him though, but besides that, I had a few nice chitchats with him.

I took a quill and a piece of parchment from my things and hurried to write down and response.

Professor Smith,

I would love to answer whatever questions you have to ask. I'll see you tomorrow at tea.

Hermione Granger

I folded the note and gave it to Franky who held it in his beck. As fast as I could, I let him out the window and closed it back to limit that amount of cold that entered the room.