-Chapter 16-

Chapter 16

I walked - ran - down the way too familiar halls that I had already taken so many times this year. My heart was pounding so loudly. I knew for sure now that it wasn't my imagination, Myrtle has seen it too. I had trouble breathing, tears of panic and fear starting to overflow in my eyes.

I walked up the stairs of the Astronomy tower, his office being a few stories under where we had class.  It was late and maybe he was busy, but I needed to talk to him. When I arrived, without thinking, I burst into the room without knocking.

"John, I need to-" I started and stopped right in my tracks as I saw that he wasn't alone.

In the seat I had sat in too many times was Professor Noble who turned around to look over at me, surprised.

Mortified, I left the room and closed the door behind myself. I leaned on the door and whipped away the tears I had streaming from my eyes. I had just called John by his first name in front of another teacher, this couldn't be good. I walked away from the door to leave.

"Hermione, wait,” I heard and I turned around to see John in the door way.

He closed the door behind himself and walked over to me. He placed a hand on both shoulders and looked down in my eye.

"What's wrong?" he asked, looking so concerned and attentive.

"It... It happened again... I wasn't myself in the mirror again... my eyes, my hair, my skin..." I sobbed.

"Hermione, I'm sure your just tired and seeing things-"

"No! Myrtle! She saw it too! Moaning Myrtle in the girl's bathroom," I cut him off, not wanted to hear that your-imagination excuse.

A wave of worry passed in his eyes as he took a deep breath.

"It's probably nothing..." he said, very unconvincingly.

"It's not nothing, John," I said. "I'm scared..."

Without saying another word, he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a comforting hug. I closed my eyes and held him back.