-Chapter 25-

Hey hey! A little warning, I will not be updating Saturday! Long story short, my boyfriend will be in twon during the weekend plus I'm going to a... HEDLEY concert! I can't wait, it's going to be sick! Plus, I'm happy to be seeing Sam after about a month and half apart ^^

Anyways, hope you enjoy because I'm not updating until Monday and don't forget that Monday I'm posting the first chapter of an all new story: Journal Of A Companion! :D

_______________________________________

Chapter 25

That evening, I went to bed early. Transfigurations didn't go well at all. If the bell hadn't rang... I almost had sex with John for crying out loud! I had zero concentration during my afternoon class. Instead of giving myself a longer nose, I shrunk my eyes to the size of marbles. McGonagall wasn't amused one bit and even seemed worried about me. When questioned by her, I assured her that everything was fine, I was just having an off day. So right after diner, I went up to the girl's dormitories to lay down in my bed and think this over.

Ron. Ronald Weasley was the one I was marrying. Not John Smith. So why the Hell was I making out with him in the girl's bathroom? No, I needed to stop seeing him permanently - not just caving in after a week. I had to make more efforts to stay away before something really bad happens. Like Ron finding out. What if I started skipping Astronomy...

The door opening pulled me out of my thoughts. Ginny appeared, her flaming hair pulling back in a tight ponytail as she wore her scarlet Quidditch outfit.

"Aren't you supposed to be at practice?" I asked her.

"I'm going now, I just really need to talk to you first,” she replied with complete seriousness.

"Why's that?" I sat up in my bed.

She looked hesitant to admit what she had to say. She sat on my bed next to me.

"Ok, don't take this wrong, but... is there anything going on? Between you and Smith?"

My eyes widen in fear that she knew, but forced myself to turn that into surprise.

"What? W-what would make you think that, Ginny?"

What did you see? My mind said.

"I don't know... You two are awfully close for student and teacher. You never miss a Saturday of going up to his office and, frankly, no one really knows what goes on up there... You have to admit that it’s a little odd," she explained.

"But Ginny, I've told you before, all we do it talk," I lied.

"Well... I also saw you leave the girl's bathroom on the second floor and Professor Smith left a few moments later. In the bathroom where no one goes and that'd you'd be sure to have complete privacy. Hermione, you'd tell me if something was up, right?

No! Not at all! You are the last person I'd talk about this with! You are Ron's littler sister!

"Of course, but I can assure you, we are just friends. I was showing him the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets, because he seemed fascinated in the subject," I made up, plastering a smile on my face.

"You seemed upset," he added.

"We got into a disagreement. I don't think I'll be seeing Professor Smith this Saturday."

"Oh, ok then. Hope you aren't offended by me asking. It's just that you're engaged to Ron and I'm looking forward to having you as a sister."

"Me too."

With a relieved smile, she walked out, taking her broom with her. I sighed deeply and laid back down on my bed. Right then, I realized how much I wanted to talk to someone about it. For months, I've been carrying this secret around like a heavy weight on my shoulders. I needed to tell someone to have them there to help and keep me on track. The only person I could think of was Harry. He was maybe Ron's best friend, he was also mine.

I got out of bed and took out a quill and piece of parchment. I asked him to find me at Hogsmeads in the Three Broomsticks at noon on Saturday. I hadn't been all year, because I simply didn't have a reason to. Ginny always spent the day with some of her chattier and immature friends I didn't always get along with. I added that he not tell Ginny or Ron about our meeting, since I needed to be completely alone with him. I folded the letter and put it away to go to the owlery the next day.