-Chapter 21-

Chapter 21

The next day in the evening, the Hogwarts Express arrived at King's Cross station. I walked out of my wagon with a forced smile as I hugged Ron tightly before he crashed his lips onto mine.

I was surprised for a moment since he hadn't kissed me in so long, but I kissed him back and we pulled away to leave the station along with Harry and Ginny. It felt so weird having his arm around me, but reminded me a lot of when we were happy together over the summer.

Outside was waiting a taxi. In the back seat, Ron held my hand tightly in his.

As much as it should have been right, it felt so wrong. The guilt from the kiss with John was tormenting me inside. On one hand, It was... perfect! I love every second of it and I kept smiling when I thought about it. On the other, I did something terrible and hated myself for liking it so much.

I was no cheater! I was just confused...

Ron, who knew nothing about it, helped me out of the car once we reached our destination. We walked into the Burrow to be welcomed by Mr and Mrs Weasley and the a few more of the Weasley's. After a little chitchat with the gang, Ron took my hand in his and with his free hand, grabbed my suitcase to then pulled me up the stair cases all the way up to his room. He closed the door behind us, sat down on his bed and invited me to join him. I did and I looked down at my hands. Suddenly, his placed a hand on mine, making me look up at him.

"Mione... I know things haven't been perfect between us lately. And I'm the one in the wrong, I know. You did absolutely nothing wrong. But know that I never cheated on you! I would never do that to you, because I love you so much, darling," he spoke softly, looking at me with such honesty.

Tears started to form in my eyes. He was being too perfect. The guilt I felt was getting unbearable. He maybe never cheated, but I did! I loved him, but I did it anyway, because... I loved John too.

I was feeling overwhelmed by his words and felt like I was going to burst, spitting out the truth at any moment.

"I just wanted to make sure we were good, you know, clear the air. Can we just go back to what we were like before, Mione?" he asked.

I could have told him the truth and see how it goes, but I just knew that if I did, it would hurt him too much. I nodded, keeping my mouth closed, not trusting myself enough to speak.

He kissed me passionately and I forced myself to kiss him back just the same. He cupped my face in his hand and deepened the kiss. At that moment, I knew that I would always love Ron no matter what. May I be with someone else, he'd always be a big part of my life and I loved him for it.

As things were getting heated, Mrs Weasley called from down the stairs that dinner was ready. We pulled away, both a little out of breath and made our way to join the others.

It was a simple dinner, everyone talking and people laughing as little Teddy spat up his mashed potatoes while Harry tried to feed him. I would speak when someone asked me a question directly, but other than that, I kept my mouth shut, picking at my food, not that hungry.

Suddenly, Ron stood up when he clearly hadn't finished his meal. He looked nervous and shaky and was biting his lower lip. The room fell in silence as everyone looked up at him, wondering what he was doing. He turned to me.

"Hermione, you are... everything to me. Since the day I saw you on the Hogwarts Express on the first day of our first year when we were 11, I knew there was no other girl for me. So here I am, in front of the people I love, I'm asking you..." he took out a little black box from his pocket and kneeled down in front of me. "Will you marry me?"

My head was spinning at 100 kilometers per second and I felt like I was going top faint. If he would have asked me this months ago like before I left for my 7th year, I would have said yes in a heartbeat, but everything was so different now.

All eyes were on me and I knew I needed to choose Ron or John right then.

"Yes."