-Chapter 12-

Chapter 12

I woke up with a mix feeling of excitement and worry. My suitcase was already packed and ready to go. I jumped out of bed to change in my Muggle clothes and Ginny did the same. We walked down to the Great Hall for a quick breakfast then joined the other students in the Entrance Hall.

Flitwick, who was now deputy Headmaster, read the names of those going home for the holidays off a long scroll. Once everyone was there, we walked through the snow and wind to Hogsmeade where we took the Hogwarts Express to arrive hours at night fall to King's Cross station.

Through the crowd, I managed to find Mrs Weasley, Harry and Ron who were waiting for me and Ginny on the platform. My heart did a leap in my chest at the sight of my best friends, but my feelings towards Ron were more hostile at the moment. I ran to hug Harry, but Ginny beat me to it, crashing her lips onto his.

Ron stood awkwardly on the side with a guilty face, but his guilt vanished as a gang of 6th years walked by and smiled flirtily at him which he seemed  to return. I shrugged it off.

All 5 or us fit into the Weasley's new car and Ginny had many stories to tell the whole time. Sitting next to Ron, he took my hand in his, but I pulled it away. I wasn't going to act like we were a couple until he proved it to me.

Once at the Burrow, there were too many people to have a moment alone with him. It was as if the whole clan of red heads filled the house. All 6 siblings - left - had made it home and we're staying over until after New Years. 

We all sat in the living room after dinner in each other's company. After Harry put little Teddy Lupin to bed, one by one, people we going up to bed.

I finally went to bed and Ron followed immediately. This was the moment I was dreading the most since I opened my eyes this morning.

We climbed up the stairs to the very last room at the top. My eyes hurt a bit with the overdose of orange in the room, but quickly got used to it. I walked over to the window and looked out into the dark night. I felt a pair of hands place on my waist, I stepped away from him.

"Hermione..." he started.

"3 weeks. I waited 3 weeks for a letter from you!" I started, already raising my voice.

"Hermione! Please, people are sleeping..." he warned me.

I took a deep breath and spoke quieter.

"Do you have any idea how that hurt? How worried I was? I was starting to wonder if you were still my boyfriend, Ron. And when you do send a letter, it's the vaguest piece of shit in the world!"

He sat down on the bed and looked down at his hands.

"I'm sorry..." he mumbled.

"At least look at me when you say that!" I groaned. 

He looked up at me. His eyes were furious and yet he was the one in the wrong right?

"I'm sorry," he spoke through his teeth.

"You call that an apology, Ronald Weasley? You ignored me! Me! Your girlfriend! Your best friend since our first year at Hogwarts! In the last 7 years, we've done the impossible and you ignore me?"

"I didn't ignore you! Gosh. I got busy with work and forgot completely, Hermione," he explained.

"And my letters to you weren't enough of a reminder?" I scowled at him.

"Ok, you know what? Fine! I'll admit, I could have written to you sooner. I was putting it off and I'm sorry. Better now?" he replied, obviously irritated with me.

"No! It is absolutely not better!"

I had enough of this. He was cranky and acting as if his was all my fault. I've had fights with him in the past, but the stupidity of this one was just too much. He was being a dick! I went straight for the door.

"Hermione, where are you going?" he asked.

"To sleep on the couch!" I snapped and slammed the door behind me.

Though I knew it was unfair to do so, as I marched down the stairs to the living room, I couldn't help but compare Ron to John...