-Chapter 14-

Since the last chapter was so damn short, I decided to post this one today for whoever that reads this story :D

I don't really know how many of you do, so mind leaving a vote on this chapter so I can get a general idea of this stories readers? That would be great :)

___________________________________________________________________

Chapter 14

"Thanks, Mione," Harry hugged me. "Having a friend that’s girl is very useful."

We laughed together, walking into Weasley's Wizard Weezes. Harry had put away the bracelet for Ginny in my hand bag. In the shop, there were kids of all ages everywhere. Ron and George were running around like crazy, trying to keep everything in order. Maybe Ron did have a reason for being distracted after all... But taking 5 minutes to write a decent letter wouldn't have killed him.

As I walked by the Ultra-Long-Tongue candy, I went to pick up a Brain Freezer bubble gum when someone snatched the last one before me. I looked up to see John holding it with a playful grin.

"Hello, John," I smiled widely.

"Good day, Hermione! Fancy seeing you here."

"My boyfriend is part owner," I pointed out.

"Oh right! So, you talk to him?" he asked.

"And it went right through him. Let's just say I've been staying at my parents house," I rolled my eyes.

"Ooh, doesn't sound so good," he grimaced. "Isn’t that him over there?" he said, pointing Ron himself, talking to some blond girl that I recognized from Ravenclaw.

She was swirling her hair on a finger and smiling seductively. He was leaning against the shelves and telling her a story. He seemed a little too friendly.

"Yeah, that's him..." I sighed.

Then, right in front of my eyes, Ron leaned down towards her and brought his face just inches away from her face. He whispered something in her are and she blushed brightly, laughing. I was completely dumbfounded. My mouth was open to say something, but no words were coming out. Tears of anger and hurt were forming in my eyes as I simply turned away from John and walked out the store.

How could he betray me like that? My heart ached in my chest as I hid myself in an alley between two shops so no one could see me sobbing. I should have walked up to him and give him a piece of my mind! But I couldn't do anything at the moment, I was too shaken.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and, startled, I jumped and turned around to see Harry. He looked apologetically at me and pulled me in a tight hug to comfort me.

"I'm sorry about him," he said softly.

"What happened to him,' I cried.

He pulled away from the hug and looked down at the ground.

"It's.... fame has gone to his head. He feels - and acts - like a celebrity. He loves you, Hermione, I know he does, it's like when he thought he drank liquid luck, won the Quidditch match and he started dating Lavender, he forgot that he loved you," he explained.

"He loved me even back then?"

"He's loved you ever since you told him how to say Windgardium Leviosa ," he assured me.

"Well, that does make up for what he's just done!" I raged.

"I know... But look, I've only just noticed that change. Give me some time, Mione. I'll get him back, just don't give up on him just yet. Please?" he begged.

I whipped the tears out of my face and looked up before sighing heavily. I knew Ron and sometimes, he did need so time to knock some sense in him...

"Fine..."