-Chapter 3-

Didn't anyone notice that I had spelled "Brilliant' wrong all this time? Fail from my part XD

_________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 3

Friday night, 20 minutes to 10PM, I left the Gryffindor common room with Ginny carrying my Astronomy books. The castle was dark, but we weren't the only ones in the halls going to class at night. We reached the top of the tallest tower just in time for class.

There, the unknown teacher from the table was waiting with a warm smile as students filled the room. Once everyone was seated next to a telescope, he started his class.

"Hello, class. I'm your new Astronomy teacher, professor Smith. First name John. Let's get started!" he introduced himself. "Astronomy... Astronomy, astronomy..." he repeated, looking up. "Can anyone tell me what Astronomy is?"

My hand shot up, mostly be reflex, but I had the answer anymore.

"Yes, you miss...?"

"Granger."

"Oh, yes! Hermione Granger!" he smiled widely.

I nodded my head. This wasn't the first time. Many first years had asked for my autographed during the first week, which I refused, not considering myself as a celebrity.

"Astronomy is a natural science that deals with the study of celestial objects, like planets, galaxies, comets, nebulas and star clusters," I answered his question.

As to why he was asking this question to 7th years was unknown.

"Brilliant! 10 points to Gryffindor," he exclaimed excitedly.

He seemed like a fairly joyful person, so full of life. What really stood out to me were his eyes. He was no longer wearing his glasses and I could see them better. They looked so... old. Like they held all the wisdom in the universe. Mesmerized by them, I hadn't noticed them looking right at me. Again, a blush raised in my cheeks and I looked away quickly.

"Miss Granger, why don't you tell the class about the Fractious Nebula?" he asked.