-Chapter 4-

Chapter 4

Saturday morning, most of the school was in the Great Hall, enjoying breakfast. I sat with Ginny as we discussed the unusual amount of homework.

"It's only normal. With what they taught us last year, many of us are grately behind. Definitely in DADA, since we didn't have that class last year. Teacher's are trying to cram two years into one," she explained.

"I thought McGonagall went rather fast explaining how to turn a fox into a wolf. She also has very little patience of questions these days."

"I know, I'm never going to be able to finish the paper she gave us for Monday and do all my Potion's homework too!" she complained.

"I'm already done with that. And my Transfiguration's paper is nearly done. Then all I have left is Charms'," I shrugged, felling completely comfortable with the amount I had to get done.

"Already? Slughorn gave that paper yesterday!" she exclaimed in disbelief.

"I like to stay ahead."

Our conversation was cut off by the swarm of owls that came swooping in, dropping letters and packages on the tables. A particularly small owl landed in front of me. Pig showed me the letter he held in his beck.

"Thank you, Pig," I said.

Of course, it was from Ron. I felt my heart skip a beat and I said goodbye to Ginny as I got up and left the Great Hall to read of letter in private.

Arriving in my dormitory, I sat down on my bed and opened the envelope.

My love,

I hope your first week back isn't to difficult. Of course it isn't, your brilliant. Anyway, I miss you a lot already and can't wait for Christmas break.

Things are a pretty much the same. I've been working at the shop a lot since I have more free time. George seems to be slightly feeling better. Every day is hard for him.

That's pretty much I have to say. I know it's not much, but nothing seems to be happening.

I love you.

Ron.

PS. Harry says hey and he misses you too.

As i read it, I heard Ron's voice in my head. His writing was difficult to read, but I was used to it after years of correcting his homework. I took out a piece of parchment and a quill to write a response.

Sweetie,

I miss you so much and can't wait until Christmas as well. Like you predicted, everything is going well with my studies. I'm staying ahead on my homework and I'm helping Ginny. It's nice to have her in my classes since I no longer have you and Harry while I'm here. I'd glad to hear George is feeling better.

Not much is going on here either, I'm having tea this afternoon with Hagrid and that's pretty much it.

I love you too,

Hermione.

PS. Could you ask around about a certain John Smith? Just curious.