-Chapter 26-

Hey hey! I'm back from spending much needed time with Sam - my cupcake ^^ haha

Anyways, right after posting this, I'm updating Fix Me and right after that... The first chapter of a Journal Of A Companion! :D

A lot of posting tonight ^^

Hope you enjoy this chapter! Anyone missed Harry? :D

______________________________________________

Chapter 26

Seeing Harry was a little more complicated than I thought it would be.

He had answered my letter to meet at the Hog's Head instead of the Three Broomsticks, but when I entered the pub at 5 minutes to noon, the place was also full of Hogwarts students. Ginny, Luna and Abby - a friend of theirs - were in deep conversation with Aberforth Dumbledore. I had forgotten that Aberforth had helped Dumbledore's Army last year and formed friendships with a few of the students, making his pub a much more popular place.

"Hey Hermione!" Neville called from one of the tables. He was surrounded by Dean and Seamus. He gestured for me to come join them, but politely declined. 

If Harry was to walk in here, I wouldn't have him to myself for one minute. I left the place and went behind the building. The only I could use to speak to him before he arrived was a Patronus.

I concentrated very hard on a happy memory. The day I was told I was a witch.

"Expecto Patronum!" I casted and a sliver dolphin bursted out of the end of my wand. I looked at it, shocked. How could my Patronus be a dolphin, it had always been an otter... I shook my head and gave it my command.

The dolphin followed my order and quickly swam in the air and disappeared from sight as it turned around corners.

I looked out at the horizon of the Back Lack. I was seated in a ball near the shore, waiting. I heard a footstep behind me and turned to see Harry approaching me.

"Hey," I smiled warmly.

"Hello, Mione. I wasn't sure that the Patronus was yours. Wasn't yours an otter?" he asked as he sat down next to me.

"Yes, but I haven't made a Patronus charm in a long time and I guess it changed. Thanks for meeting me here."

"You know... the Patronus often takes form of a person you love. Personally, a dolphin doesn't make me think of Ron," he laughed a little.

I took a deep breath. The dolphin... Did it represent John? It did seem like a good match with him being so cheerful and intelligent. No, I had to be with Ron! Even if I maybe did love John as well, I have more to hold on to with Ron.

"Anyways, why'd did you ask to see me alone? What's wrong, Mione?" he asked, his smile faded and he was completely serious.

"Well... Harry, promise me you won't repeat a word of what I'm about to tell you. Not to Ron, not to Ginny, not to anyone. Can I trust you to keep quiet about this?" I said, speaking quietly.

"I promise," he answered.

"Ok, good. And promise me you won't judge and get mad?" I added.

"Hermione, of course I won't judge, just tell me!" he insisted, getting tired of me beating around the bush.

"Fine!" I took in a deep breath. "I-I haven't been completely faithful to Ron..." I finally admitted.

His eyes widened in shock. To him, Ron and I were the perfect couple, destined to be together forever right from the start.

"What? With who?"

"You don't know him, Harry. It's complicated, really complicated... But I can assure you that I've picked Ron over him, it's just that... I find it hard to stay away from him and stick to my decision," I looked him in the eyes, waiting to see his reaction.

He frowned.

"Does he know you are engaged?"

"Yes."

"Who is he? In what house is he in?" he questioned.

"That's the real complication. He isn't a student..." I said, slowly.

"You've been seeing a teacher!?" he almost yelled.

"Shhhh!"

"Sorry, but Hermione, you are sleeping around with a Hogwarts teacher? What teacher? What subject?"

"I'm not sleeping with him!" I defended myself. "We've only kissed... and maybe I almost slept with him. But that's it."

"What's his name?"

"He's the Astronomy teacher, John Smith... Please don't tell Ron. I'm graduating soon and after that, I will never see him again. I'm still marrying Ron this summer," I said.

"Ok, fine. You know I won't tell Ron. Because you are one of my best friends and also because I know it would kill him to find out," he said, looking at me a little disappointed. "But tell me one thing, Hermione. Do you love John?"

"Yes..." I admitted.

"More than Ron?"

"I don't know."

"I think you do know... you just don't want to admit it to yourself," he responded.

"What do you mean?"

He got up from the grass and looking out into the water. He breathed in slowly, looking as if he was letting go of something he had been holding on to for a long time.

"Your Patronus...  It says a lot about you," he simply said, shrugging. "I have to go, see you this summer," he added and walked away.

"Wait, Harry!" but he ignored me and left.