Chapter 23

A/N: Hey guys! I've been gone for a while, I'm sorry, life can sometimes get the better of you. I actually hadn't even logged on to Wattpad in months and the other day I decided to check up on the stories that I'm reading. When I saw my page I started squealing like a little girl! 

Thank you so much guys! Many of you have voted and many others have started to read my story. Thank you for not giving up on me! 

Vote, Comment, Follow (Fan)! Enjoy!~

Chapter 23 (Tory’s POV)

                I watched him as he disappeared in his car, leaving me behind with his sister and boyfriend, feeling a pain in my chest. It felt as if I was watching half of me run away, which made no sense. I felt like we just belonged together, and knowing that I’ve only known him for a few months and dated him for less, scares me. What if he turns out to be just like Jake? I fall hard and fast for him, only to have my heart destroyed and my child have to see the aftermath.

                I turned back and looked at them both to find them staring at me. “Take me home,” I said. Not bothering to say anything else. Meredith nodded and led the way to their car. Blake walked slightly behind us and I kept catching him looking at out surroundings, as if he expected something to come out and attack us at any moment. As I turned to look at Meredith, I noticed she was actually doing the same thing. Maybe he left because something serious was happening. What kind of things is Vincent involved in that they were so watchful for danger?

                With all these thoughts running through my mind, the trip home went by in a blur. I found myself opening my apartment and stepping in, leaving Blake and Meredith in the car, knowing they were still watching me. I found Paul playing one of his games, which he has officially set up in my living room since he is almost always there, and since Don seems to always know when he plays without him, this seemed like the best solution for both of them. Don was snoring lightly next to Paul, as Paul was shouting loudly at the game. “What the hell! You have got to be kidding me!” he screamed.

                “If you talk any louder, you’ll wake him up,” I said lightly.

                He jumped in the air dropping the game controller and turned around in a blur to face me. I blinked my eyes trying to follow his movement. “Are you trying to kill me?” he demanded.

                “How is coming home going to kill you?” I asked a little annoyed by the question.

                “Make a little noise next time!” he looked at me curiously but shook his head dismissing it.

                “I’m sorry,” I said feeling the confusion coming back to me.

                “What’s the matter? And how did you get home? Vincent gave you a ride?”

                “Meredith did.”

                “What?” he looked at me like I had grown another head. “Where was Vincent then?”

                “He left.”

                “He left? To where?”

                “I don’t know.” I went and picked up Don and carried him to our room and tucked him in. I turned off the light and left the door slightly ajar in case he woke up and I wasn’t there. “I was going to ask you, do you know where he went?” I asked Paul as I entered the living room again, sitting down across from him.