Chapter 8

A/N: Here you go guys! New Chapter! This one is dedicated to Jesscal. She is always reading and voting. And always takes the time to comment on each chapter. Thanks i really appreciate it :)

Vote, Comment, Fan! Enjoy! :D

Chapter 8

Weeks had passed since the first encounter I had with Vincent. I would've thought that he had gotten the message. Yet every day I worked, he would walk in around lunch time. I no longer have to turn around to know it was him. Every time he walked in, the hair on the back of my neck would rise and I'd have to surpass the urge to shiver when his gaze landed on me. He would ask me out every day, and every day, I would deny him. I had to give him credit, he does not give up. Was he that not use to rejection? He seemed to have made it his mission to get me to agree to go out with him.

Every time he walked in, all the male customers, which were the majority, would stop the bet, like if they were pressing the pause button on a controller, until he left. I don't know if my reaction to him was because of my attraction to him, or the presence he has among everyone. He seemed to have the aura of pure power, and that terrified me. Jake had been a bad boy, and I knew that that was the type of man I was attracted to. But what was the point, when it would all end up the same way, and I would be back in the same position.

He only stayed long enough to eat, ask me out, and then leave. It was still difficult to be in his presence, and at first I made Paul take care of him, but Paul backed out after the first day. Because of the time that he walked in, he never saw Don, and as far as I was concerned, no one has told him. I knew nothing of this man, and no matter how many times I questioned Tom about him, Tom didn't give me any answers. Since I wasn't getting any answers, I made Tom promise not to tell him, or anyone else, about Don. And it wasn't that I was ashamed, far from it actually. If you saw him, great, he probably made your day. But we were hiding at the moment. Jake will be looking for the both of us together, the less people that knew, the better.

Today we were getting a new employee, it was a new waitress. Finally there would be another girl around here. We would be splitting up the tables between the two of us. It would be fun to have someone I can relate to. I had just started my shift, after dropping off Donovan, when she walked in. She looked around a little nervous until she spotted me. When our eyes met, she immediately came up to me and threw her arms around me, giving me a big hug. I stood there shocked, I don't even know this girl. When she finally let go, we stood there looking at each other. She looked about eighteen years old, and was a little shorter than me with long brown hair and dazzling hazel eyes. She also had an amazing body, the type that would definitely bring more people in. She was already in uniform, and seemed ready to work.

"Hi, I'm sorry that I hugged you. It's unprofessional, I know. But I've heard so many great things about you and I'm just happy to finally meet you," she said giving me a bright smile. "Oh, I'm Meredith by the way."

"Nice to meet you," I said a little unsure of how to respond to that bit of information. "I'm Victoria, but you can call me-"

"Tory," she interrupted, "I know."

"Um. What else do you know?"

"Nothing much. Just that you're absolutely beautiful. Not only in appearance, but personality too. I can already tell that we are going to be great friends."

"And who told you this?"

"Uh," she hesitated, "Tom," she said with a triumphant smile. She lied. Who told her about me then?