Chapter 4

A/N: New chapter! Yay! :D It's short again, I know, I'm sorry. They will be longer later on. Just haven't had much time and I want to upload something to keep you guys entertained. Vote, Comment, Fan. Enjoy!

Chapter 4

I woke up with thoughts of the past in my mind. I had been dreaming of Jake. Of the sweet guy I had met and fallen in love with. Those were the days when he treasured me and treated me like royalty. But the day of his eighteenth birthday, everything changed. I was still pregnant with Don at the time.

I shook off all the thoughts of him and got up to start the day. I went to the bathroom and decided to take a long bath. Today would be the first time I would be going on a date in a long time. Tom would actually be the second man to take me out. Again my mind goes to the past, as I remember the good times I had with him, but the good times always lead to the bad. I silently began to cry, hoping to not wake up Don. I had been strong for him and not allowed myself to cry, but it was due time. I cried over the memories of the beginning of my relationship with Jake. I cried over the change that happened to the relationship that I thought was beautiful. I cried over the pain and fear I had been through for the last couple of years. And I cried for Don, he had witnessed so much that a child should not, and it broke my heart. I stayed in the tub until no more tears would come, only getting out when I heard a soft knock on the door. "Mommy I have to pee."

"Okay. I'm getting out now." I got out of the bathtub and out of the bathroom as well and watched as Don ran in. "Take a bath and brush your teeth while you're in there, while I go get breakfast ready."

"Okay," he screamed through the door. I got dressed in a pair of sweats and a big shirt and went into the kitchen. I looked around and found all the ingredients to make pancakes. I got the mix ready and was about to start making them when I heard the door bell ring. I put the bowl down and made my way towards the door. I looked through the peephole to find a cheery Paul staring at me. I opened the door and stepped aside to let him in.

"Morning," he said as he looked me up and down. "Couldn't find anything comfier to wear?"

"No. This is the best way to be dressed in the morning."

He laughed and looked around. "Where's Don?"

"In the bathroom." He nods and keeps staring at me. "What?" I asked.

"What's for breakfast?" he asked smiling again.

I sighed. "Pancakes. Come on," I said leading him to the kitchen. We worked silently as we waited for Don to finish up. Paul kept giving me weird looks, it was annoying me. "What? Why the looks?"

"Are you excited?"

"Well yea. But I'd be more excited if you would tell me where he's taking me."

"Not a chance," he said grinning at me. I groaned much to his amusement.

Don soon came running into the kitchen, with his hair still dripping wet. He jumped up to get into a chair but fell over. Paul was at his side instantly and caught Don before he touched the ground. I was shocked at his speed, but I sent him a grateful smile, the thought already at the back of my mind, as I watched him place Don in the chair correctly.

"Thanks," Don said. He turned to me, "Pancakes today?" he asked hopefully.

"Yup," I said placing a plate in front of him. He beamed up at me and dug right in. I put a plate in front of Paul, he also smiled at me, and I took a plate for myself taking a seat. I ate in silence, Paul and Don were talking about what they were going to do later, while I was on my date.

Paul turned to look at me again, "How are you going to do your hair and make-up?"

My eyes widened, I didn't think of that. "I don't know," I told them.

They looked at each other and sighed. "Mommy isn't very girly. I'm sorry."

"Why are you apologizing to Paul?" I asked bewildered.

"Because that's more work for us to do," Paul responded.

"I can get ready all by myself, thank you very much." I got up and placed my plate in the sink. "You do the dishes." I said pointing at Paul. He gave me a knowing smile and turned to Don again. He knew I hated doing the dishes. I left them talking in the kitchen and made my way to the room again. It was already early afternoon, I had to start getting ready, since Tom was coming at four.

I set the dress on the bed and stared at it for a few minutes trying to decide on what shoes to wear with it. I went to the closet and found the white flats that I was thinking of. I didn't know where we were going, and no one would give me even a clue. I was not going in heels to unknown places.

I hopped in the shower again so I could get the smell of pancakes off of me. When I was sure the smell wasn't clinging to me, I got out and dried myself. I tied the towel around myself and walked to the dresser, sitting down facing the mirror. I started doing my make-up. It took me four tries to get the look I wanted. It looked simple, yet classy. I always hated make-up to begin with. I then started with my hair. All I decided to with it was curl the ends. When I was done with that, I slipped on the dress and shoes. I looked at the clock and noticed that it was already pass three. I turned and looked at myself in the mirror, I smiled at my reflection, not bad. I took my purse and left the room.

I followed the voices of Don and Paul, who were once again arguing. I found them in the living room. This time they were arguing about who would win in the game that Paul had bought at the mall yesterday. I cleared my voice to get their attention. They stopped talking and turned to look at me. Paul's mouth fell open as he looked at me, his eyes roaming my body. Don was looking at me with his eyes wide open. "Wow mommy, you look butiful!" he exclaimed.

"Thank you baby."

"I worried for nothing. I thought you would come out looking like a clown, in an attempt to do your make-up. But, wow, you really do look beautiful."

I felt myself blushing as I smiled at him. "Thanks." I walked towards them and sat down next to Don.

"You look like a Barbie doll mommy."

"No, she looks like a porcelain doll. Absolutely perfect." I turned towards the door to find Tom leaning against it.

I blushed even more. "Thank you," I whispered. Don smiled at me before getting up and running to Tom.

"Uncle Tommy, you're early!"

"I know, I just couldn't wait anymore," he said, his eyes never leaving mine. The way he looked at me made me feel so important. It was the way Jake use to look at me. No, I can't think of him now. I smiled at Tom and turned to Paul. I opened my mouth to remind him of everything, but he laughed and shook his head at me.

"I know all the rules and all the numbers. Go and have fun, no need to worry."

I laughed. "Thanks Paul, I really appreciate it." I would worry anyways, but there's no need to tell him that, or Tom for that matter.

"No problem," he responded. I got up and kissed him on the cheek and walked over to Don. He gave me a big hug and a kiss.

"Have fun mommy," he told me. He looked up at Tom, "No later than ten Uncle Tommy. She works in the morning." I looked at him shocked and then laughed, leave it to Don to act like an adult. Tom and Paul laughed with me.

"Don't worry, I'll get her home on time."

"Take care of her. I like you Uncle Tommy, but that's my mommy."

"I will, don't worry," he said, the laughter still in his voice. He turned to me, "Shall me?" He asked, with his hand stretched out towards me.

I smiled at him and placed my hand in his. "See you later guys," I told them as Tom led me out the door.