Chapter 6

A/N: Some of you may have thought that Tom was her mate. But he isn't. Sorry! lol So here you go new chapter. Meet Vincent! Vote, Comment, Fan! Enjoy :D

Chapter 6 (Vincent POV)

Problems always seem to appear in front of me. I can never get a moment of peace. But this comes with being the Alpha of one of the biggest werewolf packs in the state. There were Rouges to deal with, a neighboring pack that thinks they can overpower me and take over my pack, and the biggest problem of all, I couldn't find my mate.

Every wolf has a mate somewhere in the world. At the age of sixteen every wolf can find its mate. It is the proper age to be able to fall in love and care for one another like the fates have set things to be. At the age of 16 every werewolf is hopeful to find its mate. It is their destiny to find their mate, their soul mate, their other half. It only takes one look to know who your other half was.

I was not so lucky. At twenty four, I had not found the person that completes me. I have my duties as the Alpha of the pack to fulfill. They keep me busy from spending every waking moment thinking of the future with the mate that was waiting for me. However, after so many years of waiting for my mate I had changed from the young boy hoping to find love to a scornful man who only pays attention to the duties of the pack. Some might even say I stopped looking for my mate altogether. I never stopped looking. But spending my time looking for her would be neglecting the pack; it would be showing weakness.

The worst part was that as the Alpha I must provide a Luna for the pack, a female Alpha to lead the pack by my side. The Luna is my mate, since I had not found her; I had also taken on her responsibilities. Tradition states that to be Alpha, a man must be mated. The exception was made for me because my father had just lost his mate, my mother, when I was 18. Losing a mate is the worst thing that can happen to someone. They lose the reason for their existence. My father was no longer fit to lead the pack and the right was passed down to me, and soon after he passed away as well, joining my mother in the afterlife and being together once again. Not only did he leave me with the pack, but also with the responsibility of raising my younger sister, who was twelve at the time. I had been trying to find my mate so that she could take the position of the Luna and rein by my side. However, as the years went on and she was not found, the Elders of the pack wish to assign me a she-wolf to mate and gain the position. If I do not find my mate soon, I will either have to mate the other she-wolf, or pass the Alpha title to my younger sister's mate. How can I mate another woman when my mate is still out there?

I can't mate anyone but my mate. I just can't. I can't claim another when I might find my mate in the future, and though I might be mated to someone else I will always feel the pull towards my mate. I would feel my wolf wanting to claim the she-wolf. I would never want to cause anyone such pain. The other choice would be to give up my position as Alpha and pass it down to my sister's mate, Blake. And though I know he would do a good job, I will not give my position up to anyone but my future children.

My best friend, Raphael, who is also my Beta, or second in command, finally convinced me after years to take a trip around the country to visit other packs and see if I find my mate. I never wanted to go and leave my pack without its Alpha, but Ralph assured me that everything would be okay. So a few months ago I embarked on my journey. It took me four months to get to every pack in the country. I visited every pack, and only stayed long enough to meet every unmated she-wolf. I was on my way back home with disappointing news. I couldn't find her. I was so hopeful that I would finally get to see her, to finally feel complete, and I only managed to get my dreams shattered once again. I was almost home now, just a few miles away. I was running through the woods in my wolf form, letting him take over as I thought things through. Once I got back, I would have to report to the Elders. They would once again try to force me to mate Anya. She's an amazing female, but I can't mate someone that wasn't destined for me.