Chapter 2

A/N: New chapter! Whoooo!!! xD Let me know what you guys think. And if you like it Comment, Vote, and/or Fan me. I know its short but there is more to come. Enjoy!

Chapter 2

I had finally settled into the new routine. I would take Don to school and went to work at the diner. I didn't really like the uniform, it was pretty revealing. But after a while I got use to it. I, of course, kept the buttons of the white shirt all done, trying to not reveal more than the uniform already showed. But I soon learned that having a few buttons undone brought more tips, money that I definitely needed. Things were now becoming normal with me and Don. He didn't ask about Jake anymore and so he was never mentioned.

My boss, Tom, was very understanding, although I didn't tell him about my past, or the fact that I had run away from Jake. He had also somehow become my babysitter. He watched over Don when I was at work, and Don always had a blast with his "uncle." He also offered to watch him if I wanted to go out. Well he had actually said that he'd watch him when I went out on dates. But that wasn't going to happen anytime soon. Not that I didn't get any offers, I got asked out multiple times a day. It had now become a game to see who could come up with the more creative pick up lines, and there was a bet going around to see who would be the lucky guy I would say yes to. Everyone seems to think that Tom would win. And honestly, out of everyone, he has the better chance.

Tom and I had become a lot friendlier and were always flirting with each other. I found it funny that once Tom came out of his office to check on things, all the men stayed quiet and none dared to ask me out. I wasn't surprised, Tom looked like he could kill someone with one hand tied behind his back, but I knew for a fact that he was as soft as a marshmallow inside, well at least he was when he was around me.

Paul came up to me telling me that Tom was calling me. He gave me a weird look which freaked me out. I walked into the office to find a nervous Tom playing with his hands. "HeyTory. Can I ask you something?"

"You just did," I said smiling, "But sure. What's up?"

"I was wondering," he hesitated. He paused for a few seconds,it seemed like he was trying to get his thoughts together.

"Yes?" I said amused by his hesitation. We talked about everything, besides my past that is, it made me curious to know what he wanted to ask.

He sighed and looked up at me. "Will you go on a date with me sometime?"

I looked into his hopeful eyes. "I'd love to," I said smiling at him. He smiled back, a genuine smile that showed his dimples, the worry disappearing from his eyes.

"I was thinking maybe this weekend? Saturday?"

"Well I don't know if I have Saturday off. I'll have to ask my boss. But you know Mr. Thomas can sometimes be a hard-ass, so I don't know how he would feel about me taking the day off," I teased.

"Don't worry about it. I'll talk to him for you," he said winking at me.

"Okay, let me know what he says." I chuckled getting ready to leave the office.

"Pick you up at four," he said as I walked out. So he finally asked me. And I was worried that he might fire me after that look Paul gave me. Though Paul hand been hinting for a while that someone was going to ask me out and that I would finally say yes. But he had refused to say who it was. I officially had a date on Saturday. At four. Wait, at four? Did I hear him right? I thought frowning. What were we going to do so early?

I walked up to Paul smiling. "Thanks for the heads up," I said sticking out my tongue at him.

"Aww look at the cute grownup acting like a child," he responded.