Chapter 20

A/N: Hello there! It's been too long... sorryy!! The semester is finally finishing up, so I will be able to post more frequently. This may feel like a filler, but it's not, it leads to where it needs to go. I hope you guys enjoy it! Comment, Vote, Fan!

Chapter 20 (Tory’s POV)

                Meredith was back at work the next day acting as if nothing had happened. I was getting to the point of either confronting her about the weird visit, or just accepting the fact that I was indeed hallucinating.

                And to top it off, she was even cheerier than normal, it was getting ridiculous. “Meredith!” I called.

                “Yeah?” she replied.

                “Come here,” I said, motioning with my finger. She smiled even brighter as she followed me into Tom’s office. He was currently outside talking to one of the regulars, I’m sure he wouldn’t mind us using his office for a little while.

                “What’s up?” she asked.

                “That’s what I’m wondering.”

                “Huh?”

                “Don’t huh me. Why are you so happy?”

                “What? I can’t be happy that I got laid this morning?”

                “No it’s not that,” I said, “I’ve seen that kind of happy. This is that, times ten.” She blushed and looked away. “Are you pregnant?” I demanded.

                “Wh-what?” she stuttered. “No!”

                “Then explain!"

                “I’m just happy.”

                I sighed in exasperation. “About?”

                “Because,” she began, “we are going to be sisters and I can’t wait!”

                I looked at her in shock, “are you serious?”

                “Yes!” she squealed, “so just hurry up and accept him.”

                I sighed, “Look Mere-“

                She cut me off, “Don’t make excuses. You guys are meant to be, the past doesn’t matter. Trust me,” she said reassuringly.

                “What are you guys doing in here?” Tom asked from the door.

                “Hey Mr. Thomas, we’re just talking, you know. Now leaving,” Meredith said as she ducked past him.

                “Everything okay?” he asked as she stepped out.

                “She says we’re going to be sisters,” I whispered, still in shock and confusion.

                He smiled. “You don’t want to be her sister?”

                “It’s not that,” I said quickly, “She’s just expecting me to jump into a relationship with Vincent. And yes, I do feel some weird pull towards him, but she’s already talking about marriage!” I exclaimed.    

                “And that scares you?”

                “Hell yea!”