Chapter 9

A/N: Sorry for the really long wait! It took me forever I know. I try to update at least once a week but things got really hectic for the past few days. I will begin to update regularly once again. So here you are new chapter. It's short I know. I'm going to try to post another chapter in the next few days. Comment, Vote, Fan! Enjoy!

Chapter 9

As time progressed, Vincent got more and more creative with his methods of asking me out. He would come in and give me flowers, chocolate, and all types of little gifts. He probably thought that I would like them, and I kind of did, but this was just getting to be a little too much for me. He was always there, and a few times he's gotten to the diner later than usual and I have had a few close calls with Donovan.

He was honestly becoming a pain in the ass. He seemed to realize it too, he would sometimes wince when he asked me out in a weird way. I was now positive that he was getting advice and creepy lines from somebody, I'd put my money on Raphael, he was always "creative." Him or Google. Why wouldn't he just give up?

Today, once again, he comes through the door, as if he owns the place and takes a seat at the same place he always does, in my section. As always, I try to make Meredith take his order for me, but like every other time, she refuses.

"Hi welcome to Burgers and Fries. What can I get for you today?" I asked him when I was in front of him.

"You don't introduce yourself anymore," he stated.

"There's no need for that is there?"

"No. But your still more formal with me," he whispered. "You're nicer to Ralph," he said accusingly.

"Because I like him."

"What do you mean you like him?" For the first time since I meet him, he wasn't looking at me with adoring eyes, but with anger.

"It's none of your concern," I snapped back. I didn't like seeing him angry, but he has no reason to get upset in the first place. But then again if he does get angry he might just give up.

"Yes it is!" He screamed. You could almost see the anger coming out of his pores. The other customers had stopped speaking, and all turned toward us. They were staring at us in fear. I wasn't sure if it was fear for me, or fear of him in general.

I stood in front of him in silence as I watched him start shaking in anger. Tom appeared next to me in seconds. I guess he was watching the spectacle we had created as well.

"Vincent, you have to calm down," Tom said. Vincent looked at him with pure anger in his eyes, making those once beautiful eyes look completely black, causing Tom to flinch back in response. But Tom pressed on, "You're scaring her." This calmed him down, when his gaze turned back to me, his gaze softened and his eyes turned blue once again.

"I'm going to the bathroom," I said to no one in particular. I needed space to breath. I always felt suffocated when he looked at me. Wait, not suffocated, but breathless, which made even less sense.

I went into the bathroom and locked myself into one of the stall, leaning against one of the walls trying to get my breathing back to normal. Did his eyes really just change colors?

I heard the door open and close as someone entered. "Meredith, I'm okay you can go. I'll be out in a minute," I said. She always came to check up on me when I made any sort of contact with her brother, always looking at me with a hopeful gaze, as if expecting something. "Meredith?" I called when I didn't get a response. I got out of the stall and stopped when I found myself staring into a pair of blue eyes, instead of hazel.

"Wh-Wha-What are you doing here?" I stuttered. I watched in horror as his hand reached back and locked the bathroom door closed.

"I need to talk to you," he said in the calmest tone I've ever heard.

"And you think locking me in the bathroom is the right way to go about this?" I screeched.

"No, not really," He sighed, running his hand through that wonderful head of hair. "But every time I try to talk to you, you somehow manage to run away."

"And that doesn't give you a message?"

"That you're playing hard to get?" he asked after a moment of thought.

"Are you that cocky that that is the only explanation you can think of?"

"No. Though I must admit, I'm not use to rejection."

"I can tell," I mumbled.

"Or being rejected this many times," he continued, the sadness returning to his voice.

"Then you should just give up."

"I can't."

"And why not?"

"I just can't."

I sighed. "Let me out. This conversation is over."

"No."

"What do you mean no?"

"Just no. You can scream if you want, no one will come."

"And that doesn't seem weird to you?"

"What do you mean" He asked, titled his head like a confused puppy.

"That you're locking me in here to what? Ask me out? What makes you think I'll yes to you after this? You know my answer, so just let me out."

"Why can't you just say yes?" he growled.

"Why can't you just give up?" I demanded. We stood there looking at each other. Neither one of us seemed to be willing to give in. "Meredith!" I shouted. "Get your ass in here before I hurt your brother!"

A minute later, I heard the click of the lock as she used the key to open it. "Sorry Vin," she said as she poked her head in. "Come on Tory." She held her hand out to me. I took it without a second thought and marched out. I had just walked out when I heard a growl. I was about to turn around when Meredith said, "Go, I'll be out in a second." I looked into her eyes, just to be sure. I nodded and left her in there to deal with him.