Chapter 25

A/N: Hey guys! Thank you for the support, for putting up with the long wait and sticking around! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter as much as I liked finally being able to write this scene. Let me know what you guys think, I enjoy getting the feedback. Again thanks guys! :D

Vote, Comment, Fan (Follow)! Enjoy~

Chapter 25 (Tory’s POV)

                Once I felt his grip loosen, I ran to my apartment and fumbled with my keys in a horrible attempt to get inside. I screamed in frustration as the door swung open to show Paul standing there with only a pair of jeans hanging low on hips and a perplexed look on his face. “Are you okay?” he asked.

                “Where’s Don?” I demanded.

                “In bed. Why what’s wrong?”

                “Don? You mean Donovan? Paul’s son?” Vin demanded, a loud growl escaping his lips, making his presence behind me known. “You are his mother?” he asked looking at me with pain in his eyes, then turned to Paul, “You had a son with my mate?” he growled and charged at Paul.

                Paul tried his best to avoid the hit, but Vin was too fast and his fist connected with Paul’s face. Paul fell to the floor with a groan. “No! What the fuck is wrong with you?” I demanded as I rushed to Paul’s side. “You are telling me that I’m in danger, that my son is in danger, and then you attack one of the very few people I trust! Why the fuck should I leave this house with you?”

                “Because I can protect you!” Vincent replied as he shook in anger.

                I stood there shocked as I saw his eyes slowly darken from the bright blue I adored to black. “Mommy.” I heard the small whisper from behind Vincent causing me to snap out of my fear and run towards my son, not caring the harm this man could cause me. I reached him and swept him into my arms to protect him in case his anger turned to him. “Mommy.” I looked down at him and tried my best to hide my fear.

                “Yes baby?” I whispered back.

                “Coach Vinny won’t hurt you.” He placed his hand on my face as I stared at him in confusion. “He is just upset and confused like you. Pauly says he would never hurt you.” He squirmed in my arms but managed to turn and face Vin. “Right Vinny?” he whispered, “you would never hurt my mommy.”

                Don’s words seemed to bring Vincent back, his eyes turning to their natural blue. “I would never hurt your mom little man,” he whispered, the confusion still evident on his face.

                “Good!” Don beamed at him. “You need to learn to control your wolfy side more.”

                “What?” I demanded. Looking in confusion between Vin and my son.

                “That’s why he shakes, the wolf wants to come out and say hi,” Don stated matter of factly.

                “How did you know about my wolf?” Vincent asked, just as confused as I was. I stood there shocked as I watched the interaction between them.             

                “Uh,” Paul said, speaking up for the first time, “I uh might have shifted in front of him.” He said this as he sat up and stared the floor, intentionally not meeting anyone’s eyes.