A New Years Resolution

Lili POV

Myself and Cole are just in a taxi on our way to meeting up with KJ and Katy this evening, we are all going ice skating at the Rockefeller Centre and then going for a meal afterwards. I'm really pleased that our old cast still get along yes we mightn't see them that often as I would like but we all try and make an effort to see one another.

We have planned for next February for the whole gang of us to get together and meet in Vancouver for old times sake. We have the hotel booked and are going to meet for dinner every night for the two nights we are there just as a sort of reunion, when I mean the whole cast I mean the whole cast and crew including the camera men, the costume designers and Roberto nevertheless because without him this production would have never come together and myself and Cole would have never met.

Skeet payed us a visit last weekend with Rose and the kids, I can't get over that Naii and Jakob are now twenty one and in college and that Luca is now nine and in fourth grade, like that's insane. They came over for dinner and Cole and Skeet gave Naii and Jakob a tour of NYU where they both went to college. While I spent time with Rose and Luca discussing how we never know what can happen in the future. I tried not to get to emotional but it can be difficult keeping it together, I blame it mostly on the medication but I know what it is really is , not being around to see my friends and family grow up.

Christmas was great but tiring we spent from the twenty first to Christmas Eve with my family and then from Christmas Day to the twenty eight with Cole's. It was great seeing everyone especially my goddaughter Adeline who is now six and in kindergarten. Time is just going so fast. When we were in LA we also visited Mads and Travis we met them for lunch and so far pregnancy is going for great so far, she's due in June so I wished her and Travis the best.

Well it's New Years Eve now and we have just arrived at fifth avenue and at the rink. We see KJ and Katy and I run over and give them a big hug.

"Hey guys, how are you?" I ask the pair.

"We're doing great and yourselves" says KJ holding Katy's hands.

"Well as good as we can be," I say being realistic.

"Oh crap, Lili I'm so sorry, jeez Kage" says Katy letting go of KJ and giving me another hug.

"Ah it's fine don't worry," I say trying to smile.

"Ok guys, how about the no talking about the 'C' word tonight or anything to do with it, deal? " Cole says trying to lift the mundane mood.

"Deal! Perfect , anyway lets go and get our skates," says KJ as I give Cole a quick peck on the cheek.

We all head onto the rink and skate around, well I attempt to skate, I've never been the best at rollerblading or regular skating let alone ice skating. But of course Cole and KJ are both fantastic at it, they both seem to be able just move their legs quickly and smoothly but Katy is definitely the best of all of us. She was fast and agile but most importantly she kept the guys quiet for a while with her moves which was kinda funny.

I try to skate up and give Cole a hug and try to be romantic as I've seen a few couples do it tonight but it ended in chaos. I was on my to skate up to him with my arms out but I end up falling over as I bash into someone by accident, I apologise but Cole comes over and saves me from embarrassment by picking me up and holds me tight.

"Thank you Cody, " I say giggling and giving him a kiss on the lips, he smiles and call KJ and Katy over.

"Hey KJ, Katy you want to grab some food." Cole calls out.

"Thought you'd never ask bro, I'm starving," KJ shouts out.

"Your always starving Kage," Katy speaks up.

"Can't argue with that babe," he replies giving Katy a kiss.

I never thought I'd see the day that KJ Apa would  have a girlfriend, he's a great guy just a little immature and foolish but him and Katy are great together. She understands his wacky sense of humour and his obsession of working out and his love for food. We all walk around for a while until we stop at a burger joint called 'The Bunsen Burger' we grab a booth and sit down and all order. The guys both get some kind of bacon burger and fries. Whereas I stick to my usual grilled chicken burger with chunky fries and Katy gets the same but with curly fries instead.

We all sit and chat and laugh about how this place reminds us of Pop's Diner with the lighting and over all mood of the place as it has the classic 50's songs playing with the likes of Johnny Cash and Dean Martin playing in the background. The best thing about Pop's was it was an actual diner so we used to make milkshakes and burgers on set which was great as we were normally very hungry after a long day of filming.

We stay at the burger joint until it's about quarter to twelve so we get up and pay and begin the quick walk to Times Square. Every year as the clock nears midnight on December 31, the eyes of Americans everywhere turn once more to the dazzling lights and bustling energy of Times Square. Myself and Cole experienced the hustle and bustle of it all together two years ago for the first time as couple and it has become a tradition for the two of us.

I grab onto Cole as anticipation runs high throughout the city. New Year's Eve at the symbolic center of New York City has become more than just a celebration - it's a American tradition for everyone watch live or from the comfort of their own home. As the countdown begins, The nation holds its breath, the words of five, four, three two and one" race everyones mind as we cheer as the clocks strike twelve.

"Happy New Year baby," shouts Katy as she and KJ lean in for a kiss and the fireworks begin.

"Happy New Year to the most beautiful girl in the world, " Cole shouts pulling me tight and cupping my face and kissing me passionately, he drops his hands but his lips remain stuck to mine as the fireworks whizz into the air around us. When we finally release for some much needed oxygen Cole places his arms around me copying KJ.

"Here's to 2023, gonna be a great one" screams someone from the crowd.

I break away from Cole and look at him he has no idea how much I love him and how proud of him I am. He has been working so hard and has had many sleepless nights due to hospital appointments and I think how lucky I am to have a husband like him, I kiss once more and decide on my one and only New Years resolution.

That if I am going to die that 2023 is going to be the year I spoil my husband and try to as much as I can for him , as he truly deserves it for putting up with me and my mood swings and treating me like I am a princess when I know I don't deserve it...

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed part 13 of the sequel! Thank you all for 1K reads!
Love you all so much, you are the reason I keep going! DM me if you have any suggestions or tips!
L❤️