Back to Normality

Lili POV

We are back in JFK airport and just going through customs after a very tiring three weeks of traveling, don't get me wrong it was absolutely wonderful but I'm exhausted as Cole made sure we saw every god damn piece of architecture or historical site.

When we were in Athens we saw National Gardens and the Temple of Olympian Zeus which I surprisingly really enjoyed but the the thing that I absolutely loved and Cole simply  adored was the National Archaeological Museum of Athens, it was just fascinating finding out all about the history of the City and how it's name derived from the Greek Goddess of wisdom, craft and war Athena.The funny  thing I never knew how much of of a history nerd my husband was.

We went on a tour of the museum and I felt sorry for the poor tour guide as Cole kept interrupting and questioning her facts and figures and the end of tour, she asked Cole how come he knew so much about Ancient Greek history and instead of letting Cole answer for himself and in the case of him getting too cocky, I simply said while giggling "my husband studied archaeology in  college so please ignore him if he goes on a bit" that also made Cole giggle as we left Athens that evening to explore Croatia, well more specifically Dubrovnik where we were for four days and it was personally my favourite part of the honeymoon.

Dubrovnik is absolute gorgeous city, full of old towns and villages with so much history and integrity, we hired bikes and we spent the days cycling along the coast of Korčula and even cycled up the Srđ mountains one of the days and I have to say the views were beyond spectacular when we came back down we simply parked our bikes and went out for a nice candle-lit dinner the evening was only just beginning.

The subtle glow of the street lights and the sun beginning to set while eating great food and sipping an even better glass of wine, watching couples young and old all loved up as I think how calming it was, the crashing of Adriatic waves against the sandy beach there is absolutely nothing purer than the tranquility of the sea and sky lit up the stars , burning with a brilliant sapphire pallor of electric light.

After Dubrovnik we headed to our final destination Paris. The city of love. We were only there for two days so we only got to see a few attractions, we got a photo in front of the Eiffel Tower like everyone but made sure for someone to take a Polaroid photo of us kissing right in front of the glowing Eiffel Tower as we wanted to have a Snapshot of our dying love for each other. To my surprise Cole treated me to Euro Disney to which I felt incredibly nostalgic about as I had been to Walt Disney world in Orlando and Disneyland in California but never the one in Paris and it was glorious.

Disney has always been a huge part of my childhood, watching a new episode of Lizzie McGuire with Chloe after coming home from elementary school, rewatching Monsters Inc. with my cousins in their summer home in South Carolina and coming home from the cinema with my friends after seeing Finding Nemo to discover my mom had just given birth to my sister Tess but most importantly watching my future husband and his brother destroy the beloved Tipton Hotel while driving Mr Mosby around the bend with their crazy pranks.

We left Paris and flew to London and from there straight back to New York, where we are now , after going through customs Cole has gone to get some much needed caffeine, he returns quickly hobbling over carrying two styrofoam cups.

"Sorry Lils Starbucks doesn't open for another hour" he says handing me my coffee in a styrofoam cup.

"Not to worry, thanks anyway honey, " I say kissing his cheeks and accidentally dropping the coffee on my slightly sunburnt skin.

"Oh god Lili are you okay, I'm so sorry here take this" Cole says now handing me over a napkin.

"Shit!" I begin to speak "Oh Cole it's fine honestly fine come it's just a slight burn come here" I say giving him a reassuring kiss on the lips as I think he needs one more than me at this stage. I love Cole but my god is he a a nervous wreck when it comes to my well being especially when I'm actually perfectly fine.

I open up my suit case and take out my leather jacket mostly to cover my new coffee burn but mostly to get some warmth and as I know the weather in New York will be miserable compared to the sunny Mediterranean. I also take out my sunglasses out of my handbag to hide the bags under my eyes due to jet lag as myself and Cole head out to enter the noisy city of New York, we spot a few paparazzi who probably want to catch a couple of photos of us after honeymoon that will more than likely be front cover of some stupid magazine with a pathetic headline blasted across the front page.

I keep my head down holding the umbrella I accidentally stole from set during season one when Betty and Jughead had their first homecoming tightly ,trying to avoid any eye contact with the flashy cameras. We make it outside to the taxi line and to no ones surprise it is lashing outside.

The rain hammers down on top of us with people passing us in frenetic chaos, everyone single minded for their destination all except for us Cole looks at me and I drop the umbrella as he pulls me in for a kiss. We are bound in a kiss that is so tender and pure that the world should stop on its axis and take note of our love for each other, we release and grab a taxi which brings us back to our home.

We leave the luggage in the hallway promising to unpack later.

"Lili, I'm going to head to the studio just to see how everyone is doing" Cole shouts out from the bottom of the stairs.

I race down and give him another kiss.

"That's perfect Cole, I'm just going to head over to Simone to collect Theo" I shout from the door as Cole heads off.

I head out as well making sure to close the door after me and making my way to Simone's our neighbour three doors down. A retired native South African who was a phenomenal journalist with the New York Times and lover of classic rock music. She was the main journalist of the New York Times for eleven years living on the Upper East Side with her husband and two boys Ian and Mark until she took early retirement three years ago and moved out to Harlem with her husband Frank an ex Veteran and enjoying retirement by visiting the many libraries of New York City and looking after our beloved dog Theo.

I ring the doorbell and her son Mark answers an engineer living in Colorado with his wife Bianca and six month old baby Shaun. Mark tells me that his mom is just in the kitchen. I enter the kitchen and the aroma of apple tart fills the room with Jimmy Eat World's Sweetness playing in the background.

"Lili!" She exclaims. "Well how was it, tell me all about Europe! " Was it incredible?" She says all at once not giving me a second to answer.

I grab a seat and begin to tell her all about the miraculous honeymoon myself and Cole had...

Hey guys, part five of the sequel hope you enjoy! DM me if you have any tips or suggestions! Love you all
L ❤️