Chapter 29

~Adriana~

I look over at Tatyana and see her quickly getting up.

"I'll just get out of your way. I need to go to work soon anyway. I'll just go get lunch with Mike before." She grabs her bag and pauses at the door, she looks at both of us then at me again. She pats my arm giving me a look to ask, Are you going to be okay? I nod my head and she smiles. "Well, I'll see y'all around." She gives a quick wave then heads out the door, leaving us alone.

I stand there awkwardly, not really knowing what to do. "Well, are you going to let me in" He asks, teasing me a bit.

"Oh, yeah, sorry." I step back and let him into the apartment then I shut the door behind him. I follow him over to the couch and he sits down on one end, leaving enough room for me but I sit down in the single chair, further away from him. "So, you wanted to talk?" I push, not knowing what else to say. I did not want to bring up what happened last night, what I saw happen last night but I couldn't figure out why he was here. Maybe he had gotten his fix so he was ready to spend more time with the virgin. I curse the words at myself and wrap my arms around my chest.

He sits forward on the couch, his hands folded, resting between his knees. "Yes," he says but then he just stares at the ground, not saying anything else. I wait patiently, not wanting to be the first to speak. He bounces his knees and I clear my throat. "Sorry," he says and stops bouncing then shifts in his seat. "You shouldn't have walked away." He starts.

"Okay, I didn't actually walk away. You left. I was in your apartment for hours, you knew where I was, you could have come back." I take a deep breath, trying to calm myself down and let him speak. The images of Ashely on top of him keep flashing in my head. I close my eyes and rub my hands on my thighs. I gesture for him to continue talking.

"You're right," he says and I look up at him. He looks like he really means it, like he just realized that what I said is true. "I should have stayed or at least come back." I nod, agreeing with him. "But... you didn't have to kick me out. We could have talked it out." He offers and I shake my head.

"I'm sorry. Look, Callum hasn't bothered me, since that night. So, I think we can stop. We don't have to pretend anymore."

"I wasn't pretending. Were you?" His words hurt me and I want to tell him I wasn't pretending either but I can't. Not after what I saw last night.

"I was. I was pretending," I say without looking at him. I stare at the door and hear him shift in his seat, he clears his throat.

"Okay, then I should go." I nod, still unable to look at him. It's better if he thinks I was pretending, then he can go back to Ashley, and forget about me. I stand up and he follows suit. "Well, I'm glad this worked out for you." He looks at me and I still can't look at him. He finally gives up and walks to the door. I follow him and open it for him. He looks at me one last time and I allow myself to look up at him. He looks sad and dejected. I quickly look away. "Well, goodbye. I'll see you around I guess." I nod and he starts to leave the apartment.

Before he can leave, I remember something, "Wait, Kurt..." He turns around, hope written on his face and I feel like I am about to vomit. It makes me sick to think of hurting him this much. I quickly slip the ring off my finger and hold it out to him. "Don't forget this..." He looks down at my hand and his face quickly falls again. He reaches for it and our fingers brush for a few seconds before I pull away. "I'm sorry..." I say quietly, looking down at the ground.

He doesn't say anything then I see his feet turn and walk away. I close the door to the apartment and go back to the couch. I text Tatyana letting her know that he left and that he probably wouldn't be back any time soon. She texts me back saying that we are going to go out tonight, no more staying in. I agree, then put my phone aside. I go into the bathroom and take a long, hot shower.

I immediately regret my decision to shower because I spend too much time thinking about Kurt. I get out of the shower and realize I still have a few hours until Tatyana gets home and a few hours before any place fun opens for the night. I decide to go for a walk. I put on leggings and a t-shirt and sports bra then I grab my headphones and head out the door. I put the key in the usual spot then plug my headphones into my phone and turn on my music.

Once outside the building, I decided to start jogging. I hate running, I really do but it hurts my body and I need a distraction from the pain inside my heart so I pick up my pace. I run around the corner and slam into a firm body, knocking me to the floor and the other person stumbling a bit.

"Shit, I am so sorry. Are you okay?" I hop up and am immediately apologizing to the person I ran into. I hear a chuckle.

"You're so small, love. You could never hurt me." I roll my eyes at the nickname I am not fond of.